JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Willie Style Sales

• Members

Does anyone know were you can find a week by week sales history of Big Willie Style. From what I understand that album started off slow like L&F, and then shot off with consistent sales.

I think it would be really cool to compare with L&F.

Anyone know were to get that info?

A consistent 60K for a year and a half, that never happens, not even with 50, and rightfully so!

• Members

i know a lot of y'all wouldn't feel me on this but PERSONALLY i think this is Will's best solo album: the beats, his flow, his carefree, easygoing attitude was just awesome. of course it had to be his best selling record. he seemed too 'fresh' and was a comeback form his short acting hiatus.

out off his 4 solo efforts, bws stands out for me.

It was a great comeback album. U actually might get more to agree wit U, becuz the only significant album we could compare is Lost + Found, and that's still got a way to go in the future. We still got time. I don't think Willenium can quite catch it. And Born To Reign, well, that was interesting. I agree with you. Every song on there could've been a video single if U think about it. Will acknowledge the haters and what they've been doing; but yet it still it's the same thing from them. As Will said on "Wave 'Em Off", he doesn't mind it, because "Great does need hate to survive." He just waves em off. U might hear a little bit of the same ol' thang outta Will, but he's always comes with something new and fresh.

Yeah... Lost and Found isn't going to do BWS numbers, but sales are increasing slightly, so we'll see how things progress. Unfortunately, I don't see Lost and Found reaching 60-65K and selling at that rate consistently. Party Starter would have to be the absolute best driving single of all time for Lost and Found to basically double its sales.

The late '90s was a better time in commercial rap than now, there was a lot more solid releases that time period that topped that charts, even a few veterans like Slick Rick, Public Enemy, and KRS-ONE almost went platinum besides Will and LL's albums, it actually took some skill to sell albums back then, but it ain't really that way so I don't think "Lost and Found"'ll approach the same numbers as "Big Willie Style", at least he's still on the charts 'cause a lot of great mcs sales dropped significantly since that time, I think it could do "Willenium" numbers which was double platinum if it gets the right promotion and the tour at the end of the year could help too.

Edited by bigted

Also add in the factors that people don't HAVE to buy the album when they could just download it.  Tis a shame.

:word: Only the top 10 albums sell at least 60,000 sometimes 'cause of downloading taking sales away.