JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Was Will deriding snoop

yall sayed that he wish he would made ONLY "Lean Back" & "Drop It Like It Hot"

what about "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"??

:lolsign:

He also mentioned Luda`s "get back" right?

nah man i know what u mean

in the start of the chorse he sayed "Get That! i wish i wold made it"

not "Get Back", i thuth he ment "Get Back" 2 in the start

but then i looked at the lyrics and its says "Get That!" (Dirt off Your Shoulder)

Oh ok :lolsign:

Probably not, considering they were doing a song together on the same album, he is just frustrated that people see his music as below other music, just because it isn't gangsta rap.

• Members

> Probably not, considering they were doing a song together on the same album, he is just frustrated that people see his music as below other music, just because it isn't gangsta rap.

Seems to me that rap isn't rap unless it's gangsta.

But there have been times where rap doesn't need to be gangsta. Take The Pharcyde's "Passin' Me By" for instance. Or how about "Back In The Days" by Ahmad? These songs are just examples of how rap can get away without being overrated.

But there's a backlash to this. Beware, because Will Smith may look back at this and become haunted by it.

Songs like this end up becoming one-hit wonders. Skee-Lo's "I Wish" comes to mind. On the chorus, he wishes that he were a baller and a little bit taller with a 6-4 Impala vehical. Very similar to "I Wish I Made That/Swagga."