JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Was Will deriding snoop

Hey I was wondering on the "I wish I made that/swagga" song, this is probably a stupid question, if Will was making fun of Snoop and other commercial type rappers. Because that was the first impression that i had listening to it(thoough i should listen to it again ive only listened once).

he seems sarcastic in his tone and obviously the music sort of sounds angry/pissed off, it doesn;t seem to me like he actually likes those songs...

:smart:

Well Will is an ol' skool hiphop head. He loves all different types of rap but it's just that there is no more originality from these so called "gangsta raps". See Snoop, Dr. Dre and hell NWA were like the first gangsta rappers. But now there are all these cats that are copying their stuff and saying their original. It's like with 50 cent running around on stage with out his shirt ppl are saying" Like OMG he took off his shirt", but that's nothing new that of course came from LL Cool J. Will to me is just saying that he wish that he had those types of songs were his ideas and get the type of respect that they get from those songs. That why he says it seem like all I have is Summertime is all I got respect 4 and nothing else. I mean I sure he does like Fat Joe, Luda and Snoop Dogg songs. Well Snoop n Will have been budds 4 like 15yrs. Anyway thats what I get when I hear I Wish I Made That/Swagga.

Hip-Hop artists JJFP, LL, and Public Enemy have had as much impact as NWA and Snoop Dogg have had and definately more than Fat Joe and 50 Cent but yet they get ranked below all of them, that's Will's beef there which I agree with, gangsta rap is overrated.

• Admin

the point Will is making with the song is he wish he made songs like drop it like its hot and lean back which are huge on black radio..yet black radio hasnt liked any songs of his since summertime.. hes not really making any commentary of the quality of the songs..hes more talking about how black radio refuses to play his songs even though people love them ..

Why would Will diss Snoop since they did "Pump Ya Brakes" together? I'm not trying to diss gangsta rap by saying that it's overrated, it's dope as hell, but other forms of rap get overlooked that's just as dope. "He's The DJ..."'s on the same level as "Straight Outta Compton", "Code Red" is on the same level as the "The Chronic" and "Willenium"'s on the same level as "Chronic 2001".

• Members

he's not dissing him, hell no

the opiset he show him respect he saying that he wish he would made

"Drop It Like Its Hot" wich is a big hip-hop hit made by Snoop

beside it dont make any sence coz they did "Pump Ya Breaks" togerher why the hell would he diss some1 that made a song with him? :wtf:

Will is not a man who dissing other ppl that easly

Eminem was the first (wo)man he dissed (in a song of curse) i think, and i hope it will be the last

Edited by Mc-Bad Boy

he's not dissing him, hell no

the opiset he show him respect he saying that he wish he would made

"Drop It Like Its Hot" wich is a big hip-hop hit made by Snoop

beside it dont make any sence coz they did "Pump Ya Breaks" togerher why the hell would he diss some1 that made a song with him?  :wtf:

Will is not a man who dissing other ppl that easly

Eminem was the first (wo)man he dissed (in a song of curse) i think, and i hope it will be the last

Even that with Eminem wasn`a real diss..

Will is basically saying, I guess if I want to get the respect I deserve, I gotta make "Drop..", "Lean Back", etc. It's how music has changed. And because he goes with what he feels, he "wishes that he made this and that." 'Ever since Summertime, they aint like none of mine'. It's just how one our generation's music has changed.

I don't doubt that Snoop heard some of Will's tracks. And if "Pump YA Brakes" was a video single, I think those 2 would look real good on 106 & Park together. Snoop has just been on fire for 04-05. And Will is just BACK!! That's a big enuff statement. It's no wonder he's one of the greatest entertainers of our and maybe even all time.

• Members

yall sayed that he wish he would made ONLY "Lean Back" & "Drop It Like It Hot"

what about "Dirt Off Your Shoulder"??

:lolsign:

He also mentioned Luda`s "get back" right?

nah man i know what u mean

in the start of the chorse he sayed "Get That! i wish i wold made it"

not "Get Back", i thuth he ment "Get Back" 2 in the start

but then i looked at the lyrics and its says "Get That!" (Dirt off Your Shoulder)