JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who Is Better?

Who is the better rapper, Will Smith or LL Cool J?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better rapper, Will Smith or LL Cool J?

• Will Smith
    • LL Cool J
    • Equal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i'ma have to say that they are both equal in my opinion.

i love Big Wills songs, since forever. i practically grew up with his music (and tv).

i never got into LL's old stuff, but his newer stuff including 10 (i kno a lot wont agree) is brilliant. the Definition is awesome. this got me into his older stuff where he shines lyrically but is let down with the beats.

grammies and awards weren't what i went by, this is more of a personal opinion.

I feel that LL is heavily overrated

:wtf: :hmm:

Edited by JamesUK

Ok i think Lost And Found is a litlebit better than The Definition..

But when i look on the whole discography i think LL isn`t only better than Will but he is realy The G.O.A.T!

And i think live LL is the best Hip Hop act to!I knew that after seeing that performance from Germany http://thebox.free.fr/llrockthebells.mpg

But Will is dope to ofcourse..My second favorite!

And what depends awards..You can`t decide because of that!

I mean come on...Even Eminem got a grammy :haha:

siteintro.gif

Edited by Turntable

LL ain't overrated, he's only been dope for 20 years, I think anyone that gets ranked above LL besides possibly Will Smith, KRS-ONE, and Rakim is overrated and Grammy's/record sales don't measure the greatness of an artist, but LL is one of the highest selling rap artists alive.

Edited by bigted

• Members

LL is a much better battler then Will because he put two rappers out of their careers. For example Canibus and Kool Moe. You should hear Jack The Ripper and Jack The Ripper Strikes Back.Jack The Ripper Strikes Back is one of greatest diss tracks in hip hop history.

Good point about putting rappers out of their careers, but LL doesn't really make any other kind of music than party music, Will has addressed many different issues with his music.

Good point about putting rappers out of their careers, but LL doesn't really make any other kind of music than party music, Will has addressed many different issues with his music.

Thats wrong...Three his hole career he made tryd so many difrent styles.Party Hip Hop started with 10!