JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

Sometimes it is...sometimes it is only cuz things get better thru' actions that could have taken place much earlier so people didn't have 2 say time heals all...ha ha. The weird thing is, tho' i find peace in the promise that is in my heart, i still can't sleep. My whole body is tensed up and after 2 hours of sleep, i just lay in bed and get back back 2 sleep. I don't like 2 take medication. If things continue this way i may consider it.

Other issues in life still weigh me down. My grandparents are having health issues. My dad got laid off from his job again.

Trust me, I know what you are going through. The best thing is to make sure that you are doing things that make you happy. To worry about everything is going to drive you insane. If anything buy a notebook and just write, it can be poetry, random thoughts or whatever. You'll see in a few months, when you look back, that you were worse when the notebook started. Also, find some time to yourself, even if its a couple of hours a week, just go into a local park or your backyard, just find a place to be alone and look at the clouds just go by. Trust me, it'll do you a world of good. Meds aren't the answer.

• 1 year later...

I want to try to keep this thread going since it's been over a year since anybody posted in here, I could say that prayer has helped me out quite a bit 'cause it's like that MC Hammer song pray where he says 'we need to pray that we make it today' since there's so much negative forces out there to deal with, I found this interesting article about how the power of prayer is really essential:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100926/LIVING01/9260307/1111/LIVING09

Prayer is fundamental. It is our way to have a conversation with God. Our way to ask, to say thanks, to feel closer to him. Prayer is a basic part of everyone who believes, and it can help a person in a million ways beyond understanding.

I've been eying this post for awhile, wanting to do something with it. I felt that as the person who started it and the person who was using it the most, that I might come off as being too pushy with it or too needy with what I'm going thru.' I didn't wanna come off that way.

But going off of that others are saying, prayer is definitely effective in many ways. For those looking for a relationship with something greater and higher than themselves, it's the perfect open door for that. And I agree that it helps us put things in proper perspective. Sometimes just coming to God with a conversation and not a "list of please and thank you's" can really help us figure out this crazy thing called life. Other than just hearing yourself put it all out there and organize it, I think the results that we can get out of just hearing ourselves is God's way of answering it. When I started using this post a lot nearly 2 years ago, it seems like many things have changed and stayed the same all at the same time. One thing I've occasionally struggled with with allowing my prayer life to become stagnate. Over all, I just tell myself that God doesn't get tired of hearing praise and thank you. But when it comes to my needs, hopes, desires, I feel like I'm rehearsing the same things over and over again. Ultimately I believe he answers the prayer the second I say it but that life, lessons, time, and other people's growth can get in the way. To mix it up I thank Him for answering it rather than asking it again and again. Sometimes I feel that we need to talk to that great need and tell it what it's gonna do.

I'll bring up some needs in my life but I'd certainly be interested in lifting other up in prayer. The reason I stopped posting so much is because I didn't wanna be the only one opening up here. I feel that some other might be the same way. So feel free to post and I'll continue watching this thread.

I feel like god talks to me during certain times of the day in things that I do, when I was listening to LL Cool J's "The Truth" earlier today from that Kay Slay mixtape I felt like writing another rhyme and I came up with this:

Time to lend a helping hand
The true vibe leads me to excel again
Using the words to involve motivation
It isn't always easy but believe me
Like LL I bring "The Truth" in my speech
The dreams keep on flowing baby
Using the power of a prayer is key
When I write something down god is talking
To me so it's no longer hard to release
The tension during the poetic sessions
Stand up to bring creative quests
Rather than worrying over who's the best
Since we're all related in a sense
Part of the world fam, no longer feeling hurt man
I realize that we're all here as a part of a bigger plan
Every day as I pray I learn to understand
In every way in my growth as a loving man

• 3 weeks later...

I was listening to LL Cool J's "Mr. Smith" album today and I brought out the credits from the CD insert and I came across this inspiring quote he wrote, it was made 15 years ago but it's timeless just like his music: "A message to our most valuable resource, our youth: I love each and every one of you. To be successful you must work hard, trust in the Creator and listen to your parents. It is important that you stay in school, don't use drugs, stay away from guns and violence, register and vote, and respect your peers and senior citizens. If you follow this path, success is yours. And remember, AIDS and teenage pregnancy are destroying lives every day. The more you know, the further you'll go. Mr. Smith 4 ever, peace, One."

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anybody pays attention to this thread anymore but I want to share a song when I need to feel uplifted, R. Kelly's whole "U Saved Me" CD is brilliant but "When I Think About You" is a personal favorite:

Really nice song Bigted. I would like to dedicate this song to God, and to give him thanks for everything he has done for me in my whole life specially in the past year. I know for certain that when you allow him to be part of your life he makes it complete and helps you come thru in whatever you propose yourself to do. Thank you Lord.

• 2 months later...

Whenever I hear R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly", I always feel like I could make it through anything:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to send my thoughts and prayers out to my friend John Lyons that I graduated high school with in 2003 who I found out was killed in Afghanistan a couple days ago, Rest In Peace brother

http://www.app.com/article/20111028/NJNEWS/310280060/Seaside-Park-soldier-Sgt-John-Lyons-killed-Afghanistan