JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

Ted, I've got MAD RESPECT for you sharin' that with us. I'm right there with you with this beautiful struggle we got in life. I've really been grasping to these postive instances that have popped up for me. But I get just as low as I get high. I can just imagine that sickness feeling you can have inside you when someone you look up to just does something that you can't seem to find any good in. That's got to be darn near unbearable. And you and I have yet another similarity, we both got inspired to write from LL Cool J. Just one line did it for me, one day in the summer.

I can't believe you let a cry out. I admire you for that. There's been some times I wanted to cry, just to get it out and I couldn't do it. You know me and you can get on a personal level anytime, as we have in the past. So you hoped to inspire somebody who read what you posted, and you did--me. Thanks man.

Hey if a lot of these artists ain't afraid to let their true emotions out then why should I? I want to make a difference just like them, and really we all complain about how much people criticise Will Smith's image but why do we criticise other rappers so damn much then? We need to be more like our role model, if you don't like somebody just don't listen but don't put them down 'cause after all they're humans just like us, I'm sure if you were famous you wouldn't like hearing everyone criticising you, just don't buy their record, that's enough for them to realise that they need to do better music if they want more fans, there's a bigger life outside of music really, if we let negativity get to us we won't be around to even listen to music, I'm more concerned about showing love to the people in my life than I am about how 50 Cent is making weak music at this point, I realised bashing those I don't know is pointless, I'm just as bad as those who talk about Will being a softie when they don't really know him if turn out and do that

Edited by bigted

Hey ted, maybe i dont talk to ya by MSN IM or watever, but i gotta say that the things you're passin...well you see always gon happen, and just be sure that your people will have ya back always, keep ya head up, best wishes for you and your Family

Ted, i'm feeling u...just in different ways. Life just seems hard. I normally don't let things stress me, and while i won't get in2 those things...i am stressed right now. And alot of little things are not going my way. I know that 4 me personally, i just gotta maintain for about 3 weeks or so. It has nothing 2 do with the new year, but it looks like 2007 is gonna be a year of restoration 4 me. Alot of big things are gonna happen (along with alot of hard work). Until the new year comes, i just gotta hold out so that i can start off on a good foot. Even in these times when i feel stressed and in over my head, i look at this world and realized that i am blessed and better off than alot of people. I don't know if any of that applies 2 u, but if it does, there's my take on things during those darker times.

I figure that if i'm dealing with hard times, i can choose 2 complain and be down...or keep my head up and fight thru' them and ultimatly keep myself positive. Instead of looking at how big your problems are...look at how big your God is.

On a random note, one of my co-workers has a baby cousin who passed away this evening. I don't have any details, but i'm sure the family could use some "knee mail."

Ted, i'm feeling u...just in different ways. Life just seems hard. I normally don't let things stress me, and while i won't get in2 those things...i am stressed right now. And alot of little things are not going my way. I know that 4 me personally, i just gotta maintain for about 3 weeks or so. It has nothing 2 do with the new year, but it looks like 2007 is gonna be a year of restoration 4 me. Alot of big things are gonna happen (along with alot of hard work). Until the new year comes, i just gotta hold out so that i can start off on a good foot. Even in these times when i feel stressed and in over my head, i look at this world and realized that i am blessed and better off than alot of people. I don't know if any of that applies 2 u, but if it does, there's my take on things during those darker times.

I figure that if i'm dealing with hard times, i can choose 2 complain and be down...or keep my head up and fight thru' them and ultimatly keep myself positive. Instead of looking at how big your problems are...look at how big you God is.

On a random note, one of my co-workers has a baby cousin who passed away this evening. I don't have any details, but i'm sure the family could use some "knee mail."

Yes man I definately put things in perspective, really over the past couple days I did some soul searching and I did put things in perspective and I feel like I have new life like I stated earlier, I was sorta dragging along for the past few months but really I feel more motivated and humble now, I thank God for clothes on my back, food in my stomach, a roof to live under, and parents that're there for me, really life is not that bad when I put things in perspective, many would kill just to have that, I'm gonna try to pray more for them too, btw these quotes I was reading in Hammer's interview just show what type of character he is, really I always respected dude no matter what flack he's received, it's cool how he blogs too, he seems to be one of the humble artists like Chuck D, Chuck D's even showing love to Hammer in his latest terrordome now coincidentally:

"Calling for retirement I saw on some site that some rappers should quit. Will somebody tell somebody that artists never stop making art. The business of commerce is entirely another thing. Rappers need to think of themselves as artists and less on a hustler tip.

Air America is supposed bankrupt, but it's for restructuring purposes. The general public totally misunderstands that term. MC Hammer and LUKE are still alive and doing well, and Delta is still flying while expanding to cities across the entire planet."-Chuck D

Really what Hammer said here about using music for a tool of positive memories is nothing but the truth and Chuck D's right that artists never retire, I'm really gonna write songs until I can't write nomore, lol, really all the hate that 50's received over the past couple years made me forget about the time where me in and my boys from school would play ball in the park and bump his first record, maybe I should let that memory stay and get beyond all the hype, since his music can't do that for me anymore then I just won't listen, and really me saying I didn't like LL's "10" so much is 'cause that album came out around the time I met that girl and I've been trying to get over her but I didn't listen to it for a while but really though I put it in my CD player for the first time in a while yesterday and I remembered how much I did enjoy it back then, I ain't gonna hold hard feeling over LL if his next album is weak either 'cause he left me with some great memories too, there's nothing wrong with analyzing a CD and criticising the music but when it comes to personally tearing down somebody so much that you start questioning what they're doing in their personal life then that's wrong, sure 50's last record was wack, just leave it that... Now if somebody could touch you one time then they've done something right, some of Hammer's music I might find corny but some of it is inspiring and for that I gotta show love to the brother, god bless him and every artist that touches lives whether they're on all the top 10 mc's list or not and even if I never listen to some artists god bless them too 'cause they're touching somebody's lives, I hope to be more like that too even if I get hated on, if my music and what I say could touch somebody then I could rest confortably knowing I did something right, really just thinking about this quote he said inspired me, it spoke to my heart, I read in a blog he did earlier this year he talks about how there was a point in his life last year that he almost lost his wife and his son so I'm gonna pray for him too since he "Prays" for us, I'm gonna pray for your co-worker too AJ, here's that Hammer quote I'm gonna put it in my signature:

"Life is too precious and too Short for us not to appreciate it. Let's not let music, something we all grew up on, everything from Marvin Gaye to the Temptations, control us. We use to use the music to cherish the moment. If something meant something to us, we would go get the record and reminisce. Let's not let the music of today mean anything thing else than something we listen to for enjoyment. And let that uplift you and be a blessing to your life versus something that is pulling you down."

Edited by bigted

Here is another great quote that I figure could uplift people from my man Chuck D, maybe we should post our favorite songs lyrics and quotes from artists and people we admire, if something one of our friends our family members tell us, let's share that too, it's time to take this forum to another level:

"What I Think.

Time. Let me tell you that Time is God. Simple as that. I don't care who the hell you are, where you come from, how much money you got, what religion's pimpin you out, or who you wit- time will whup that tail, sure as you born.

No one can MASTER time. The best that we can do is MANAGE our time as it pertains to us.

But time is different to different people, who sometimes can't share time because of differing value systems.

I tell cats my time is valuable and cannot be exchanged for someone time that's mostly a waste of it.

You heard it waits for no man, woman, child, plant, nor animal. True. But also you better understand time is given to you and you should spend it wisely because time is true money, and that in itself is rationed.

So if you feel something or someone is wasting your time either get away, give them a bill, or just politely tell them your time is too expensive to share.

Yeah, time IS God."-Chuck D, he's really like another brother in my life, I really appreciate his words, he seems like the type of guy that'd lay down his life for somebody, he doesn't let any sort of fame he's had get to him, I really don't see him putting down people without a purpose, I admire him

"Live life everyday one day at a time."-This is what my grandmother used to always say, I really miss her, her birthday's coming up soon, actually maybe she was looking down and saw me down and realised I need to search my soul so she talked to god for me, my mother had a dream a couple years ago with her saying that she wants me to follow my stars and I'm gonna make it far in life, she's my angel I believe

I talked to Naomi about my ish (Advice Thread), and she told me something, "The problem is that you stardet to think that you are the one that has fix everyting. That's not possible, so you failed.. And thats when you stardet hating on yourself. As long as you dont love yourself, you'll never get why people like me love you. Thats why you scared to lose me." Maike, my other best friend, told me something simular. I think they are right.. I just dont know how to fix it tho.

I talked to Naomi about my ish (Advice Thread), and she told me something, "The problem is that you stardet to think that you are the one that has fix everyting. That's not possible, so you failed.. And thats when you stardet hating on yourself. As long as you dont love yourself, you'll never get why people like me love you. Thats why you scared to lose me." Maike, my other best friend, told me something simular. I think they are right.. I just dont know how to fix it tho.

Although it's kinda hard to admit, that is exactly the answer that I must have been trying to find. How do you fix it? Slow down, ease up off putting so much pressure on yourself. I mean, sure you can try to help out, but some things you just might not be capable of doing. Like Ted has been saying time and time again here lately, focus on the positive things around you instead of the negative. I guess some things will work out and some things won't.

I think really the lyrics of LL Cool J's "Hey Lover" with Boyz II Men describe feelings about the girl I love(Krystle is her name btw) right down to the tee almost, just think I've loved this song ever since I heard it, even when I was too young to even grasp half of the lyrics he was talking about, I really learned though when I met her, there's been others that I've liked but none that I loved more and fantasied about being with more than her really, and really I'm gonna be there for her until she don't want me to anymore, here's the lyrics in case any of you didn't know them by now, btw "Give Me Tonite" on "Born To Reign" reminds me of her too, that's why I've been clowing on "Born To Reign" too much too but I really do like that album, FP and LL are the most consistant rappers ever, there songs have meaning to them basically all the time even though some are better than others, and really I shouldn't call FP hypocritical for doing more movies than albums these days, it's his life really and his love for music will always keep him writing, I'm sure he keeps a pad on him all the time too since he's a real artist, even if it's just for himself once in a while, I'll keep an open mind that LL might guide 50 down that path too with the potential 50 showed earlier in his career, anyway here are the "Hey Lover" lyrics:

I've been watchin' you from afar,

for as long as I can remmeber

You are all a real man can need

and ever ask for

this is love

this is more than a crush

It was all ....(up at Rutgers)

I saw with your man

smiling, huh, a coach bag in your hand

I was laying in the coup with my hat turned back

we caught eyes for a moment, and that was that

so skated off, as you strolled off

looking at them legs, god damn they looked so soft (so fine)

I gotta take ya from your man that's my mision

If his love is real he got ta handle competition

you only knew about 5 months (that's right)

besides he drinks too much and smokes too many blunts

and I've been working out everyday thinking bout you

looking at my own eyes in the rear view

cathchin flash backs of our eye contact

wish i could lay ya on your stomach and caress your back

i would hold ya in my arms and ease your fears

I can't believe it, I hadn't had a crush in years

Chorus

(2x)hey lover, hey lover, this is more than a crush

Lover, hey lover, this is more than a crush

hey lover, hey lover, this is more than a crush

I see you at the bus stop waitin everyday

your man must think its safe for you to travel that way

but i don't want ta violate your relationship

so i lay back in the cut with a crush that'a trip

still he can't stop me from having day dreams

tounging you down with huh vanilla ice cream

kissing on your thighs in the moonlight

searching your body with my tounge girl all night

I wonder one day could it be, simple dreams turnin into reality

Our love would come down so naturally

we would walk down the isle of destiny

what your man got his hustle on gotcha type scared

break ya off a little chump change to do your hair

that seems to be enough to satisfy your needs

but there's a deeper level if you just follow my lead

Hey lover

CHORUS

Last week I saw ya at the mall

standing at the pay phone bout to make a call

I had a vision it was me on the other end

telling you come by and then you walked in

I touched you gently with my hands

we talked about traveling the distant lands

escaping all the madness out here in the world

becomin my wife no longer my girl

then, you let your dress fall down to the floor

i kissed you softly and you yearned for more

we experienced pleasure unparallel

into an ocean of love we both fell

swimming in the timeless, currents of pure bliss

fantasies interchanging with each kiss

undying passion unities our souls

togehter we swim until the point of no control

but its a fantasy it(that,you) won't come true

we never even spoke and your man (still) love you

so I'm gonna keep all these feelins inside

keep my dreams alive until the right time

CHORUS

i definatly know where your coming from ted, i often associate songs with what im going thru. Its something to hold onto and so when u hear something about an artist it just seems to make things in your life worse, bcoz thats the only thing u have right now. well thats what its like for me. When Will said he was gonna quit i took that badly bcoz i was in a bad place in my life, it was like life was taking little shots at me.

i managed to turn it around last week by thinking positivly. i know its difficult to think like that when negative things happen to you, but im sure eventually things will get better. luckily im in a position where i myself can change my life and sort out this little niggiling problem, some people arnt in that position and things are out of thier hands, so all there is to do is keep your head up. Just try and stick with those positive uplifting songs, thats what i did and it helped.

Although it's kinda hard to admit, that is exactly the answer that I must have been trying to find. How do you fix it? Slow down, ease up off putting so much pressure on yourself. I mean, sure you can try to help out, but some things you just might not be capable of doing. Like Ted has been saying time and time again here lately, focus on the positive things around you instead of the negative. I guess some things will work out and some things won't.

I'll try. Thanks man.

"While some may think that the West Coast emcee's life has been set since dropping his multi-platinum debut The Documentary, Game set the record straight and revealed that he has been significantly affected by all of the drama that he has faced in recent months. "I was, six months ago, at a point of my life where I felt like I knew how it felt for a person to want to commit suicide. Life was just that bad," said the Compton rapper. "I felt like I didn't get the props that I deserved, and that started f*cking with me. And when you hear this album, you'll hear the conviction and the pain."

He also outlined "...sitting in a closet by himself with f*cking tears running down my face, trying to figure out, how did I go from being one of the best rappers in the world and the most loved to being one of the most hated?"-Game, now really I started contemplating whether it was even worth to even write songs anymore too 'cause I really started having doubts whether I'd ever make it but really it don't matter what others think, it only matters what I feel, as long as I write what I feel it's all good and I could help touch one soul and I'll be happy, really it felt good yesterday knowing that I finished in the top 33 in the poetry contest I entered out of thousands that entered, Game probably feels the same way too, he just put it out all out there on his new album, I feel his pain, it's good to know he's getting some credability for what he's doing

"I was standing in the shower naked-both inside and out. I let the water flow all over my body, The tears washed down my face along with the water. I hadn't really cried since I was a kid. But on this day, I made up for it. I was crying for the woman I treated like a dog, crying for the children I had abandoned, crying for my life, which I was just throwing away. And crying because I felt like I had been betrayed on every level. I had a broken heart..I was pouring my soul into my next album, 14 Shots To The Dome."- LL Cool J, really I was going around broken hearted too, I know I have to pick up the pieces like he did and just keep it moving, people might diss 14 Shots To The Dome but you really felt his pain on that disc, it's actually understandable to see he was going through a tough time when he was recording, songs like "Crossroads" and "All We Got Left Is A Beat" was really him putting out his rage, I'm gonna put the fuel into my song writing, lock myself up in a room and just write my ass off again is what I need to do the next time I feel down

Really those laid back chilled songs are cool but sometimes I get "So Sick" of love songs like Ne-Yo and I need something agressive like Ice Cube, DMX, early LL, and FP on "Lost and Found"

Edited by bigted

My uncle's girlfriend had a massive heart attack this morning, please keep her in your prayers, I was just having a big conversation with her yesterday when my family was there visiting my nana's gravesite, funny how life works, one of my cousins just had a baby a couple days ago too and she was really happy about that, it's been a tough week for me, I might have to take some time off here to reflect, I'll be keeping y'all in my prayers too since y'all are like my other fam really :shakehead:

Edited by bigted

This news saddens me. It seems like so many people i know are facing adversity. I myself and probably stressing more than i ever have in life. I have 2 fuel up my soul every day with the right music and reading the right books just 2 keep pressing on. My prayers go out 2 her Ted.