JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

W. Smith the fourth best selling rapper 2005

• Members

reborn2reign posted:

hey Braces, i really like ur attitude in here. even tho i disagree with u, at least u don't respond negatively when every1 jumps on u,

Thanks man. :2thumbs:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch has done well... but it is not one of the best tracks off the album. It isn't even in the top 5. Now people will like it, because it is a good club song, but if people in hip hop had common sense, the following, released as singles, would make Switch seem inconsequential.

Lost and Found

Party Starter

Tell Me Why

I Wish I Made That

Ms. Holy Roller

Mr. Nice Guy

And even Here He Comes if it were longer

I just wanted to stress that while switch is doing well, it is low on the list of the best tracks off the album.

As for 50, he CAN rap. And if I'm right, it was Nas who started the beef by dissing 50 Cent first in one of his concerts. That is why 50 responded with Piggy Bank. And Nas is just an average rapper with no talent. 50 Cent can destroy Nas anyday, anytime without breaking a sweat.

I couldn't let this go unadressed. Nas was the guy who brought us Ether... you seriously think he can't put something better out than Piggy Bank? Piggy Bank? All the stuff he can clown 50 on...

Will allegedly "dissed" 50 a while back calling him talentless... I guess you'd be ok with 50 going at Will sometime this summer.

And I'll stress again... yes, Switch has a beat and is very danceable, but it is lyrically inferior to the other tracks listed below.

Lost and Found

Party Starter

Tell Me Why

I Wish I Made That

Ms. Holy Roller

Mr. Nice Guy

Here He Comes

Scary Story

Could You Love Me

Even Wave 'em Off

That's a lot of tracks...

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to listen to the lyrics and the flow of the music I play, or else I may as well be listening to the instrumentals. Though it is opinion, it is generally accepted opinion that Switch is one of the weaker possible singles off the album. This was said from the very first day the album was leaked and people heard the other songs.

Lyrically "Switch" ain't Will's strongest, I don't think I was expecting it to be the album's strongest song, but you could say the production of Kwame gave the song the aggressive hip-hop edge it needed compared to Will's past singles that had weaker production.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that Queen Latifah could release another album this year and take the throne once again as the queen of hip-hop!

U know that's one thing U really don't see much of, even at all today. And that's female MCs. I think we need a couple new ones to hit the game. Missy does her thing, but to me it's just annoying. Eve is on her acting spot now. She's had some good songs tho. A new album would be a nice test, but she loves what she does, and shouldn't have to prove anything. Queen Latifah, if she were to come back out, she'd have to do a lil like Will. She couldn't reinvent and do what she did in her early career. Foxy Brown, she's just overlooked. Lil Kim, just hasn't been the same since BIG. And Lauryn Hill should just take THE mic back if she were to release another album. Of course she's alwayeds mixed rap wit singing. Basically we need new female faces. The reason we probably haven't is because their drive gets turned around by how they'll get treated.

I heard some songs from Jean Graye, she deserves to blow up 'cause she's an intelligent female mc that rhymes 'bout more than just sex.