JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

W. Smith the fourth best selling rapper 2005

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell's wrong with this list? 50, who mumbles like a freakin caveman has gone damn near 4x Platinum; Game, who I do have respect for but is nowhere near the level of Big Will; Mike Jones, who repeats the same exact line over and over again in EACH one of his songs, has outsold Will?!?

Here's my views on upcoming album sales:

Nas: Will go Gold if not Plat all depending on the success of the single

Mos Def: Might go gold but won't go Plat

BEP: They're goin MultiPlat BUT they aren't Hip Hop, they're sellouts who needed a white girl to boost album sales

Public Enemy: Doubtful to even cross 200k

Kanye: Will go MultiPlat pretty expectedly

DMX: I don't know, his single is doing NOTHING and his album is coming out in like 2 weeks with NO promotion. Man, he could be screwed.

• Admin

black eyed peas are a joke.. they added "fergie" to the group cause their manager told em 2..and yes it worked..but now they make horrible music.. "falling down" used to be one of my fav traxs by them 2 :mad:

• Members

First off, yes, BEP are just a joke. The only reason they are successful is because of Stacie's sex-appeal.

Next off, Switch is NOT a weak single, it's in fact the perfect first single to come off Lost and Found and that's one of the best tracks off the album.

And finally, in that list, Game should have been number one because Documentary is a hip-hop classic. Following Game should be "Lost and Found" and then "The Massacre".

Documentary is a aight but overhyped album... you got maybe 3-4 good songs, 3-4 weak and the others are straight wack.

but it is the best that has come out of aftermath/g-unit since the slim shady lp.

First off, yes, BEP are just a joke. The only reason they are successful is because of Stacie's sex-appeal.

Next off, Switch is NOT a weak single, it's in fact the perfect first single to come off Lost and Found and that's one of the best tracks off the album.

And finally, in that list, Game should have been number one because Documentary is a hip-hop classic. Following Game should be "Lost and Found" and then "The Massacre".

Switch has done well... but it is not one of the best tracks off the album. It isn't even in the top 5. Now people will like it, because it is a good club song, but if people in hip hop had common sense, the following, released as singles, would make Switch seem inconsequential.

Lost and Found

Party Starter

Tell Me Why

I Wish I Made That

Ms. Holy Roller

Mr. Nice Guy

And even Here He Comes if it were longer

I just wanted to stress that while switch is doing well, it is low on the list of the best tracks off the album.

Frenetic: I Disagree i believe the documentary was one of the best hip hop albums brought out this year. I dont think the massacre should be there at all. I dont rate that album at all but still got good songs like "Just A Lil Bit" and "im Supposed To die Tonight" other than that it is a weak album. I also think Nas is losing his touch to what he used to come up with. And because he's married bigted doesnt mean that he cant diss someone else. 50 cent dissed his wife and he isnt supposed to retaliate. I say well done for him relatliating and hope that he kicks 50's ass. He needs to be taught a lesson.

how is this even possible??? i dont care about the mumbling in 50's raps, but the dude doesnt even make sense!!! its like he finds two sentences that a) dont make sense and b) dont rhyme and then he tries to mumble em together to make it sounds like it rhymes. maybe not all the time, but it happens!

Edited by shuga

Shuga. it actually does rhyme and i know what hes saying all the time...except from a song after he came out of hospital coz he got shot in the Jaw. and he couldnt rap probably and it was a funny song...It was released with columbia ages ago.

Nas don't have to prove s*** to 50 Cent, his 3 albums released this decade put him in legendary status in hip-hop, maybe if 50 Cent made a couple of good albums he'd be worth responding to like Jay-Z, who's a rap god compared to 50 Cent, 50 Cent ain't hip-hop, it doesn't make sense for a rapper on his 2nd mediocre album to diss somebody doing their 6th solid album, it's like when Nelly dissed KRS-ONE, come on now, KRS has 13 albums, Nelly is a child to him but yet the public ain't buying KRS albums at all it seems, it's a shame, Nas' and KRS' albums should sell 4 million, I wonder how long people'll buy this wack s***, even if Will releases "Mr. Nice Guy", the ignorant fans'll still buy Eminem's albums, so these beefs are useless.

I remember when Jay z and 50 cent had beef before 50 was famous. He was at 106 n Park, 50 said something and then Jay z came out and just said:

"Im about a dollar, Who the F*ck is 50 cent?"

Yeah, Nas dont have to prove sh*t to him at all. Nelly dissing KRS one is a mistake coz he once said in a interview "If you one of the top ten rappers in the country. I have a battle diss to ruin your carrer" and from this day i still believe him. I dont think beef is uselss. I think there should be no violence in beef as it escaladed today. Back in the days where Kool Mo Dee was beefing it was strictly one verse each and thats it!

In my opinion the best albums this year were

1. Common Be

2. Will Smith Lost & Found

3. The Game Documentary

People what do you have against BEP???...they make very creative music which is still Hip Hop just like outkast!

Mos Def comes with a new album?? That sounds very strange because he just released last year in october The New Danger :shakehead:

i think that 4th is pretty good, the rappers above him are awful but i thin hes done pretty well coming back from born to reign.

That list will change a lot at the end of the year tho, i think Will can get higher, hes only done 1 single so far and Kayne will get near the top too.

i used to like BEP, last year they were part of very few rappers that spoke some sence, but ive grown bored of them. Dont funk with my heart sounds exactly the same as stuff from thier elephunk album, i know the same band has the same style but they havnt grown at all.