5. BEANIE SIGEL/ B.COMING/ 335,120

6. COMMON/ BE/ 262,608

7. THREE 6 MAFIA/ CHOICES II/ 140,765

8. MEMPHIS BLEEK/ 534/ 100,714

9. YOUNG GUNZ/ BROTHERS FROM ANOTHER/ 79,550

10. B.G./ HEART OF THA STREET/ 71,006

11. GUCCI MANE/ TRAP HOUSE/ 19,845

albums predicted selling much coming out:

Kanye West, Mos Def, Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9 & Nas.

Common is gonna go past will smith, i'm sure K.West and the G-unit fellas will do to. But then it's pretty uncertain as Nas & Buddens last albums flopped. but then again, rumours are saying Nas is gonna bring som new ether on 50 cent on his nasdaq dow jones album.

Will is mos definately in the game again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will should be at the top of that list, with Common right behind him! Looks like Memphis Bleek is done, he's sold nothing.

it's albums released 2005.

Nas has sold a little over 600k of his album. but it was released last year.

Aight here's my thoughts on this: Public Enemy has a new album out in August but I doubt they'll sell much since they're not anticipated, they might push some units though since they're on Univeral now, I hope they do, there needs to be more ol' school cats besides Will Smith and LL selling. :mad: Mos Def has a new album already? I thought he released one a few months ago that didn't sell much at all and Royce 5'9 is an underground rapper so he won't sell much. Nas said he ain't gonna diss 50 Cent either and I hope he sticks to that word, he's a married man now and shouldn't worrying about getting in those kiddy rap battles. Black Eyed Peas are gonna probably do well with their new album too since they have James Brown on it and don't forget that DMX has an album next month that always tops the charts on every album he releases, it's nice to see Will's one of the highest selling rappers but sales don't measure talent, if it did he'd be #1 on that list and G Unit wouldn't be mentioned and replaced by Public Enemy as the top group.

Edited by bigted

I'll second what ted said, is that right that Mos Def has a new album

Mos said in a interview that he's working on a straight up boom-bap album with production from j-dilla, kanye and collabos with kanye west, common, talib and the roots. he didn't expect to be done so quickly, but if everything goes well he hoped it would be released october/november.

His last album the new danger was a experimental album... kinda like electric circus.

i didn't include bep on that lists since they ain't hiphop no more. that's on some fast singing, wack ass crossover... gosh i miss the bridging the gap days.

ted: you're right...the worst part: g-unit gon' take the shine from everybody else too... aah...

Nas has only sold 600K, that is ridiculous, he is one of the best rappers out there right now. I bought the album, and everyone else should too.

I haven't really listened to too much Black Eyed Peas but they can't be wack if they get James Brown on a song with them, I think their new song "Don't Phunk With My Heart" is pretty damn funny, I'd rather hear that than that "Candy Shop" bulls*** anyday if I had to choose, anyone that doesn't put out gangsta rap gets dissed these days it seems, that's why Will doesn't get airplay on black radio either, honestly I feel those cats ranked above Will ain't hip-hop either, Mike Jones? Game? 50 Cent? u gotta be kidding me!, they're selling out the essence for real, but the only albums I'm anticipating on buying this summer is the Public Enemy, DMX, and the Nas album if it comes out soon, I hope the Rakim album comes out this year too, once "Tell Me Why" comes out though I think "Lost and Found"'ll reach multiplatinum status.

Edited by bigted

:yeahthat: :word: It's sad 2 see these lil thungs wit record labels do better than cats that have been in the game longer, have real talent, and don't have 2 make up s*** 2 make them selves sound harder or whatever. Can't wait when "Tell Me Why" or "Lost and Found" is released. Those songs are powerful n soul. They both would make awsome vids.

Edited by Angel Amor