Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

United States Politics

Mike

For or Against Bush?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. For or Against Bush?

• For
    • Against

I don't like Bush for the fact he doesn't want to adopt the protocol of Kyoto, for the fact that he is in favor of death penalty, of the free circulation of arms, for the fact he privileges the richest... I probably forget some other reasons lol

As far as Iraq war is concerned, I'm divided... I mean if I lived in a dictatorship, I would quite like the idea that somebody in the world would be interested by my lot and would liberate me... Sometimes, using force is necessary to bring freedom and democracy... In France, everybody said Bush attacked Iraq for oil but I prefer believing it was by idealism. If not, it would be really too cynical...

Well the american politics are a little like the american laws; complicated and not working so well. I mean, in politics, the president should be chosen by the people only, the senators should have one normal vote just like the rest of the people, like in a real democracy. And in laws, you should not be able to sue McDonalds for getting fat. Thats my opinions; USA do have to change a lot of stuff if they wanna continue to be so dominating in the world as they are right now. With Bush or without Bush, I dont know.

Lol, I hope that suing McDonalds thing was a joke... lol

But yeah, Bush is a pretty polarizing character in American politics. It seems that we were misled, whether purposefully or by accident, into the War in Iraq. What's funny about the situation is that if this happened to be Bill Clinton advocating the war, republicans would be in complete outrage at such a collosal "mistake" as attacking a country with false information, an then trying to justify it by saying we needed to take out Saddam's regime anyway. But the same rules don't apply for them.

Saddam needed to go, but if we had handled the situation properly, the US would still have the respect and trust of the rest of the world. How do we go from being loved, cherished, pitied, and respected post 9/11 to being mistrusted and hated in such a short time?

The worst thing is that the democrats don't know where they stand. They want to be all things to everyone, so they don't have a solid platform and come off looking more like obstructionists than anything else.

Coalitions, as John Kerry mentioned in the last campaign, need to be established among countries. Order and accountability has to be brought back into the equation. Things are really a mess right now.

no, its not a joke...ive heard alot of stories of people suing mcdonalds. and alot more people here in the US hate bush than you europeans woulf think. bush actually visited my home town a couple months ago and there were protests and i knew some people that got arrested and it was on the news.

no, its not a joke...ive heard alot of stories of people suing mcdonalds.

I heard that a woman said that she found a human finger in her wendy's chicken fingers and she sued them and the wendy's people found out it was a lie the wendy's people are now suing the person who started it all!!!

talk about flippin' the script!!!!!!!!

no, its not a joke...ive heard alot of stories of people suing mcdonalds.

I heard that a woman said that she found a human finger in her wendy's chicken fingers and she sued them and the wendy's people found out it was a lie the wendy's people are now suing the person who started it all!!!

talk about flippin' the script!!!!!!!!

actually sonic, a woman claimed she found a severed human finger in her Wendy's chilli! i know because i live about 20 minutes from there and it was all over the news. anyways, she was lying for some reason, i forget why and now shes the one in jail.

I love discussion of American politics. Because, inevitably, the conversation begins and then thrives within the context of broad generalities, such as: Bush is an idiot, the Iraq War was unjust... etc. (For the record, I agree with both of those example statements.) There is a definate tone of dissaproval and discontentment, but, for the most part, a noticeable lack of real depth of understanding or insight. (For the record, at this point and time I can't really provide either.) Eventually, however, all roads lead to: 1.) fast food and 2.) frivelous lawsuits. And finally, at this point, the essence of the great nation and superpower that I am a citizen of is finally reached: grease and greed. YOO ESS AYE ALL THE WAY BABY!! (Mighty Ducks style... quack quack?)

This was in a friend of mine's AOL profile. I found it amusing, thought I'd share...

"Here’s what I think the truth is: We are all addicts of fossil fuels in a state of denial, about to face cold turkey. And like so many addicts about to face cold turkey, our leaders are now committing violent crimes to get what little is left of what we’re hooked on."