Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

United States Politics

Mike

For or Against Bush?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. For or Against Bush?

• For
    • Against

Truthfully, i do not know alot about politics. But i know alot of people on this board are European and i would like to know your your opinions on Bush. This doesnt mean that Americans cant post on the thread(Im American), but if your European please say so in your post.

EDIT: i realized that it says where you are from with all your info when you post, so saying where you are from wont be nessisary unless for some reason it doesnt say where your from.

Edited by WILL IS ILL

i'm American i don't know politics either. all i hear where i live is screw Bush, and the reasons that back it up make sense, but i dont know if this is the true story.

i voted YES for Bush cuz my parents are republican and voted for Bush so i guess i will 2, altho i dont know much about it.

I know a fair bit about British politics, but not too much about American... I would say there's plenty of worse people in the world, look at Mugabe for instance. One thing's for sure though, if Bush came to the Houses of Parliament in London he would get ripped to pieces, you have to be very quick witted to survive there and from what I've seen of him he'd have no chance!

well I'm obviously from america(look where I'm from) I could go off on how much I HATE bush!!!! I listen to Air America radio and plus the downing street memo which is a memo that talks about attacking Iraq before it was legal really makes me hate bush!!! instead of making a book of how much I hate him I'll just use this smiley :rant:

Well the american politics are a little like the american laws; complicated and not working so well. I mean, in politics, the president should be chosen by the people only, the senators should have one normal vote just like the rest of the people, like in a real democracy. And in laws, you should not be able to sue McDonalds for getting fat. Thats my opinions; USA do have to change a lot of stuff if they wanna continue to be so dominating in the world as they are right now. With Bush or without Bush, I dont know.

Well the american politics are a little like the american laws; complicated and not working so well. I mean, in politics, the president should be chosen by the people only, the senators should have one normal vote just like the rest of the people, like in a real democracy. And in laws, you should not be able to sue McDonalds for getting fat. Thats my opinions; USA do have to change a lot of stuff if they wanna continue to be so dominating in the world as they are right now. With Bush or without Bush, I dont know.

Lol, I hope that suing McDonalds thing was a joke... lol

But yeah, Bush is a pretty polarizing character in American politics. It seems that we were misled, whether purposefully or by accident, into the War in Iraq. What's funny about the situation is that if this happened to be Bill Clinton advocating the war, republicans would be in complete outrage at such a collosal "mistake" as attacking a country with false information, an then trying to justify it by saying we needed to take out Saddam's regime anyway. But the same rules don't apply for them.

Saddam needed to go, but if we had handled the situation properly, the US would still have the respect and trust of the rest of the world. How do we go from being loved, cherished, pitied, and respected post 9/11 to being mistrusted and hated in such a short time?

The worst thing is that the democrats don't know where they stand. They want to be all things to everyone, so they don't have a solid platform and come off looking more like obstructionists than anything else.

Coalitions, as John Kerry mentioned in the last campaign, need to be established among countries. Order and accountability has to be brought back into the equation. Things are really a mess right now.

republicans would be in complete outrage at such a collosal "mistake" as attacking a country with false information,
the problem is that the republicans did create this war on false information and with the fact that a heavy majority of the american media is run by the conservative rupert murdoch who is forcing his employees to feed crap news about bogus stories to the american public.(i.e. "who's jennifer lopez's new husband?") when the downing street memo which I mentioned in my earlier post actually talked about bush and tony blair were starting the war much like vietnam by saying that iraq had attacked us when 15 out of the 19 9/11 hijackers were saudis(people from saudi arabia) if it was one country that the USA should invade would be saudi arabia. this war was made under complete lies and the times of london actually put this on its newspaper and a few days ago the new york times put it on page a 17 or its paper when it should be on the front page of every paper in the USA I dobut that bush will be impached because bill clinton having an affair is an impeachable offense while having bush start a war over oil and killing thousands of american and british troops, thousands of Iraq CIVILIANS have been killed including children!!!!!!!

and plaus bush is so DUMB that he is having tax cuts for the rich whch is bad enough(the "trickle-down" theory DOSEN'T WORK!!!!!!) but he is having tax cuts during a war. this is the only time this has happened in the history of the USA. I think lerkot said it best though!!!

Well the american politics are a little like the american laws; complicated and not working so well.

EDIT: before a bunch or british people get on my case about mentioning tony blair what I said IS true but I do greatly respect what tony has done at home but not in this matter

Edited by sonic1988

Well I'm an American. In case you didn't know that. I'm not a Bush fan either. He sent our troops n others under false info. My only concern is that the Army failed to meet their recruitment numbers this months. Gee, I wonder why? :shakehead: Anyway they are suppose 2 meet 80,000 by September. So that means what recruit 9700 ppl between now n then. Now I'm curious what will Bush do if they don't make it. They are 2 options: 1. Pull out the troops that we have in Iraq n call it a day or 2. Reinstate the draft. I hope it doesn't come 2 that.

Also, the thing about the war is not only that we went in with false information, but that it was so poorly executed, so we messed up twice, in one war. I don't know if people still supporting the war are just to slow to see that or that they just choose to ignore it. I'm all for rooting out evil and tyranny, but lets not do it under false pretenses, and lets do it well. We have North Korea, Pakistan, India, and Iran getting stronger and on the verge of developing nuclear programs, and we attack the one country who scrubbed their nuclear ambitions in the '90s, and we said it was because of tyranny. We want to uproot tyrants, lets look at a map of Africa and we can go there next and liberate some people.

the problem is that people vote for him because he is republican. a real republican wants a smaller government and seperation of church and state etc. etc. but this new wave if republicans want everyone in the us to be a WASP(White Anglo-Saxon Protestant)!!!

the usa was made for diversity and the republicans want to end that it seems.

Edited by sonic1988