JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will at the NBA Finals

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The crowd was feeling it according 2 my mom's friend who could afford those $2000 seats (wish i could have been there or hell had that much money). But you have 2 remember that they cut off the mics so u can he the performance n the announcer. Cause when they announce the line-up 4 the Spurs and the house is pack with Spurs fans you could barely hear them. Good performance but I would have like to hear Party Starter.

Edited by Angel Amor

The crowd was feeling it according 2 my mom's friend who could afford those $2000 seats (wish i could have been there or hell had that much money). But you have 2 remember that they cut off the mics so u can he the performance n the announcer. Cause when they announce the line-up 4 the Spurs and the house is pack with Spurs fans you could barely hear them. Good performance but I would have like to hear Party Starter.

Sure didn't look and sound like it on television.

It's hard to tell on TV, but I thought he did a good job, its a shame he didn't do Party Starter, though.

I was at work and forgot to tape the beginning but I heard it on ESPN Radio. Trust, the crowd was feeling it. They cheered wildly when the announcer said Will's name. They also cheered very loudly at the end of the song when the announcer said, "give it up for Will Smith!"

I can't say I agree with some of the opinions that people are getting tired of Switch. I love that song and the fact that the NBA picked Will to open up the NBA Finals is real big. It's not like Switch is #97 on the charts; it's a Top 10 single! A lot of people are feeling the song. When you perform at big events like the Super Bowl or the NBA Finals you usually perform your hit song. When the NBA All-Star game was at Denver a couple of years ago, Outkast performed Hey-Ya even though they had another single out.

I know everybody wants to hear Party Starter but it was smart for Will to perform Switch. It's his hit song right now. A lot of people haven't heard Party Starter so the crowd probably wouldn't have been pumped. Everyone needs to relax. Will knows what he's doing.

Edited by TopDawg14

Exactly what I'm sayin'. Just that they use something 2 drown out the fans so you can hear Will perform. I mean I have listen 2 performances were you can hear the crowd screaming n yelling so much you can hear what he's sayin. Not to mention it was dark so you can barely see the crowds facial expressions. But it was still a great performance. Will did his thang. I like the lil beat box thing he did with San Antonio. :woot: