JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How to rap?

Lerkot

Well, I'm gonna be the biggest swedish rapper ever born, but I got this problem. Im musically dead inside my body...

"If you write raps down, there are four beats per line, and eight beats per couplet."

What does this mean? How do you count beats? How... do you rap? I know how to rhyme but does anyone know the grounds of rapping? Is there any guide or somethin?

When your rapping, what you need to do is love the music your listening to and just match it with the beat...so the beat counts 1, 2, 3, 4 and then make a rhyme on another count like 1,2,3,4. Once you get used to it you will be able to do it without a count. But if your musically dead inside you body. It would help if you listen to stuff that inspiried you to write the rhyme.

AJ i wasnt talking about writing, but when u a writing do what u want no one call tell you what to write. write from your heart. im on about rapping along with a beat. if you cant do that which most people pick up in a few tries. ur gonna be whack haha