JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

July's Vibe

i think the word "legend" is thrown around too much.  Run DMC, LL, Public Enemy, Will are not legends.  They are rap pioneers.  Legends are people who've made a great impact, sacrifice or change.  Lincoln is a legend.  Malcolm X is a legend.  Rappers are not legends.

Well..They made a great inpact in Hip Hop but you`r probably right :hmm:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think the word "legend" is thrown around too much.  Run DMC, LL, Public Enemy, Will are not legends.  They are rap pioneers.  Legends are people who've made a great impact, sacrifice or change.  Lincoln is a legend.  Malcolm X is a legend.  Rappers are not legends.

Well put.

:lolsign: somebody open the uni-lingual dictionary .yeah Malcolm X is legend but in the music thats the legends WILL,PE,RUN D.M.C.,LL ,2pac and ....... .YEAh u have said that the legend is great impact ..... or change that what they do in the music ...

Those guys are musical legend. In a larger sense, no they don't compare to Malcom X, but within the realm of music, yes, you could call them legends.

Well Lincoln and Malcom X were legends in political history with their influence still shown today and Run DMC, LL, Public Enemy, and JJFP are legends in entertainment history to help hip-hop be excepted by the mainstream and be a force as a billion dollar buisiness for many more years to come.