JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who should be on a Party Starter remix?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of u are really overestimating Tatyana Ali as a star. She had ONE hit on her last album. Just one! The harsh truth is people know her as Ashley from Fresh Prince. Not as a musician. With people like Faith Evans and Amerie flopping, the only R&B singers who are women that's selling is Beyonce and Ciara. Tatyana won't be able to scratch them.

I don't think people are overestimating her! I just think they think she has a really good voice and with the right production and marketting she can go far.

I mean look at Kel! He hasn't even dropped an album and look at the hype he's created with us already!

some of u are really overestimating Tatyana Ali as a star.  She had ONE hit on her last album.  Just one!  The harsh truth is people know her as Ashley from Fresh Prince.  Not as a musician.  With people like Faith Evans and Amerie flopping, the only R&B singers who are women that's selling is Beyonce and Ciara.  Tatyana won't be able to scratch them.

well over here she had 3 hits from her album, they were played on mtv base quite a lot until about 2 years ago.

and Amerie is anything but a flop over here, i cant get away from the song anymore, its on tv and radio all the time. Faith Evans didnt do too badly on RnB channels either.

Taty has a lot of potential and even if she doesnt become a huge star, neither was Robin Thicke, but he did a great job on the switch remix. They dont have to be huge stars to sound great on a remix.

With people like Faith Evans and Amerie flopping, the only R&B singers who are women that's selling is Beyonce and Ciara.  Tatyana won't be able to scratch them.

:wtf:

J.LO is selling

Janet is seling

Amerie is selling to

Jojo is seling

Mariah is seling

And there are more but i can`t think of the right now..:lolsign:

By the way..I think to that Tatyana is overated..

Edited by Turntable

I don't know, just because someone is a popular mainstream artist doesn't mean they are not good. For example, Talib Kweli is one of the best lyricist of all time, but he is not a commercially popular rapper, but it doesn't mean he isn't good. I would be glad to see her on there.