JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith's Rap Trio

Yo, I have a great Idea!!! Will should join some of today's top lyricists and cut an album!!!! :jazzy:

Just as Snoop, Warren G, and Nate Dogg are in 213!!!!

Of course Jazzy would be on the wheels of the tracks, and the tracks would be free of explict content!!!!!

Who should be in the group?

My Group:

Masters of the MIC (group name)

Will Smith & Jazzy Jeff

Kayne West

Nas

Pretty Cool huh?

MY 100th POST!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much!!!! you have been like family and friends to me and have accepted me as your own. Its sooo great to know people who have appreciation for good music and great actor, and who are respectful, as you all are!

Thank You all from the bottom of my heart! :hug:

---The Justice Knight

i like your kanye and nas idea

id have to go with will, 50 cent and eminem......SIKE

but seriously i would have to say

will smith

talib kweli

jay z

or

will smith and black star (mos def + talib kweli)

and Dash was right about the no curses thing, it would be cool to be like yeah we made a kick ass album with no curses. Especially if it was with 2 other mainstream rappers. but it wouldnt work.

Edited by WILL IS ILL

I don't know... I think it would be best for Will to firmly re-establish himself on his own merits before he starts collabing with people for whole albums.

I'd more like to see him doing independent collaborations with the likes of a Lauryn Hill or a John Legend, or even Musiq or Glenn Lewis... Something of substance, with soul.

Edited by MaxFly

I was thinking about this the other day. I'd like it to be more than three.

My group: The Justice League

Will Smith

Nas

Common

Talib

Jadakiss

Kanye

Kinda like the Wu-Tang concept with albums every 2 years or something. They would drop serious knowledge in all their rhymes and bring "thought" back

to this art form. I think this group could make a no curse album and sale well.

Well if I had it my way the group would have:

Fresh Prince

Chuck D

Big Ted

with Jazzy Jeff and The Bomb Squad producing the whole album :2thumbs:

Edited by bigted

Will Smith

Common

Mos Def

Damn...think of the track the rain, loretta, and so on. put on som i used to love h.e.r and a little bit of mos' dope flow and kaboom!

I think the only way this idea wouldn't be wack is if his real friends did it with him. That pretty much makes it so that only LL Cool J, Biz Markie, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Kel Spencer. Which would be dope!! I really wouldn't wanna see him working with most of the people everyone else mentioned. It would come off as unecessary as those Best of Both Worlds albums.

Well Will working with Chuck D is a real possibility 'cause PE and JJFP go way back and Mistachuck always defends Will at college lectures whenever he gets criticised, there was supposed to be a Charlie Mack legends tour last month, maybe it's gonna be rescheduled until the PE album comes out in August, having a Charlie Mack hip-hop legends tour and album would be huge for ol' school mcs to get some shine again, I'd call Chuck D one of the top JJFP potnas, it's a shock they never collaborated yet, although they toured for 5 years together, and after Will hears me give him props on one of my big hits in a couple of years then he'll wanna work with me too. :smart: Well if I never make it, Will working with an up and coming younger mc like Bow Wow wouldn't be a bad move either, I think that doing dope collabos could keep Will more motivated to keep on recording! :jazzy:

Edited by bigted

I don't know if he would ever to a group, but it would be cool. I would like to see him work with Nas and Kanye West, at least on one song each.

Didn't Will do a song with Kanye that missed making the cut "Lost and Found" and didn't Common do a song with Will that missed the cut on "Willenium"?

O thats hard. well my trio would be split into three groups

Will, Mos Def, Mc Lyte

Will, Chuck D, Queen Latifah

Will, Kel Spencer, Common