JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Next Single Confirmation?

I think I may be the only one not really feeling Pump Ya Brakes as a single... especially in the late fall/early winter. The song really has that spring/summer feel. I think a mix of "I Wish I Made That" with a third verse would be tight for around that time of year. The beat is very danceable for all those college parties and the song has a pertinent message to leave off on pending Will's next album.

I wouldn't mind if Loretta was released as well. It may not be danceable, but it's definitely something I can groove through around thanksgiving time.

Truthfully though, with the way album sales are going, I'm not sure we're going to get a 4th single unless Party Starter and Tell Me Why really blow up album sales... The album is already only selling in the mid 20k, and it's only been out for 2 months. A 4th single is not likely to come out for another 6 months. This is exactly the reason why I've been advocating the release of the second single earlier. Not only would this push subsequent single releases up, but it would keep album sales up so that subsequent singles would actually have a better chance of being released. It wouldn't make sense to release a 4th single if the album is selling less than 7k a week in 6 months.

Now I'm all for optimism... but it's better to be sure than to be optimistic.

I think I may be the only one not really feeling Pump Ya Brakes as a single... especially in the late fall/early winter. The song really has that spring/summer feel. I think a mix of "I Wish I Made That" with a third verse would be tight for around that time of year.

i would certainly prefer I Wish I Made That instead of Pump Ya Breaks...the whole world needs to hear that song!

Yea. at first i wanted tell me why, but since the Summer it coming close, this is a better choice. Party starter + something else (If he wants) in the summer, and then Tell me why can drop around September/October.

party starter is probably the #1 song on the album that'll create mad hype. Remixes and all that of the track. Create awareness, it'll sell the album. Tell me Why will do better.

:yeahthat:

wow! Party Starter is exactly what we need this summer. I can't wait for a new single...

...oh yeah, and i agree that Will, Jeff and Snoop in a vid would be cool. I'm quite intriugued as to what the Pump Ya Breaks vid will look like!

:yeahthat: I'm just so curious about that, I hope they'll do a video 2 that track!!! :jazzy:

Another thing is that Will should limit the number of collabo singles he puts out. He has somewhat of a collabo with Ludacris... I'd be quite shocked if Luda didn't show up in the video and on a couple of remixes of Party Starter. He has a collabo with Mary J. on Tell Me Why. A 3rd collabo for the 4th single is a bit on the overkill side.

Party Starter is a great single 4 the summertime. I'm really hype 2 c what the video would look like. I'm curious if Luda would b in it. Then the next single wit Mary J would b another great single n video. But wit Maxfly on that too many collabo videos would b over kill. I really want to c a video wit Will n Jeff on it only :jazzy: :2thumbs:

I can't imagine a remix for Party Starter coming out without Luda being on it, and there will almost certainly be a remix, so we can count that as a collabo for the time being.

Incidentally, there were rumors about the Switch remixes being releases and there being a video for one of them. Does anyone have updated info on that.

Wasn't there a Jazzy Jeff remix to "I Wish I Made That/Swagga"? I think that should on a B-side to "Party Starter" unless it's gonna be on Jazzy Jeff's CD when it comes out.