JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Is it just me...?

MissAshley

am i the only one who noticed that after all the wait for new music from Will that we're hearing more about films that he's involved in, in some way or another....but when he's doing a film, and we're dying for him to release a new track and we get nothing? :lolsign:

i thought that was kinda weird, or maybe i have too much free time to think up such things :wiggle:

• Admin

yeah you basically have to wait for Will to be doin promo for a movie to find out the situation with the music..but thats the media.. its like Will is on BET promoting lost and found and they ask what Wills next movie is..and Will says..I got things to say im doin music for the next 9 months(yeah shut em up Will) but I guess thats just 1 of the quirks of being a rapper who's the biggest movie star in the world :1-say-yes:

yeah i figured that's what it's from b/c his onscreen presence is such a great one, but that's gotta be so damn irritating lol, you want people to focus on you as an artist and obviously they're not taking you very seriously...i'm hoping something will come out of him and Jada hosting the BET awards, maybe more album sales or something, but most BET fans see him as more of an actor first

yeah i figured that's what it's from b/c his onscreen presence is such a great one, but that's gotta be so damn irritating lol, you want people to focus on you as an artist and obviously they're not taking you very seriously...i'm hoping something will come out of him and Jada hosting the BET awards, maybe more album sales or something, but most BET fans see him as more of an actor first

:metoo: But when you think about BET n MTV have never really saw Will as a rapper. Yeah they like him as the Fresh Prince who did Summertime but thats it when it comes 2 his other stuff they don't even mention it. Because Will is not hardcore gangsta rapper, that whats in today.But when u think about who really his a hardcore gangsta rapper these days. I mean if u r caught wearing a fur pink coat n matching hat u r not gangsta :haha: Anyway it's gonna be the real fans that c him as a rapper first n an actor second.

the thing is that both a movie and an album can take little time actually especially for will because if he recorded 50 songs he can make about 3 albums!!!!!

also a movie can take about 2 or 3 weeks of shooting for a film and since will has scripts coming at him left and right, he probally has to take the movies first and concentrate on the music later.

I do know about production and all the other stuff that goes into a movie so i don't want anyoen quoteing me and saying that it takes a year to make a film and all because I do know!!!!!

well...I have the cd, and it will last me 4 awhile, but I'm wanting another movie tho. lol. I guess the idea of seeing Will on the bigscreen is not so much as just being a fan, but the enjoyment of seeing someone I admire, make me laff, and get outta the house to do something...

If Im not just working...in 'working' hard lol. So, anyways...what were we talkin about. LOL j/k

oh yea...well,...whatever he has tyme to do...I cant fathom how he balances the pressure and his hectic schedule...geez...

peace,

cookie

I think of him as both, hes a brilliant actor, smart funny etc and hes a dope MC with the hot flow, hot lyrics, hot beats, hes got em all, but what people dont understand is that will cant shoot a movie while be on tour around the world releasing singles...im sure at this point intime while hes promoting lost and found he is producing movies, so there is always a bit of will eventually, if your waiting for the next single just keep listening to "Party Starter" that should make you bored of the song haha...but i cant get bored of that song!!!

i love Will as both but i do prefer him as a rapper bcoz i prefer music to movies. Ive always had this thing when he did movies tho, i always wanted him to be doing music instead, but now Will has given us this brillient album and promised us a tour im a lot happier with him doing films too.

I can enjoy the next film more without thinking, i wanted an album instead of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the kids today only know Will as an actor and they only have seen rap with thugs and think thats what rap is, so that is why we hear more about his movies than his music. BET AND MTV both know Will the rapper. Will was on the FIRST EVER edition of Yo MTV Raps with Run DMC, and I remember Girls aint nothin But Trouble on BET. It's just a new generation of people & TV/music execs that just doesn't know or tries not to know Will the rapper.