JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Just The 2 Of Us vs. Mocking Bird

Which one do you think is better (lyrically/musically)?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think is better (lyrically/musically)?

• Just The Two Of Us
    • Mocking Bird

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, Just the two of us is one of the most original, amazing, astounding, miraculous, remarkable, startling, sensational, stupendous

do u just open some dictionary man

:kekeke:

Nope, it's a line from "Brand New Funk" on the "He's the DJ, I'm the rapper"-LP! :thumb:

just the two if us becasue the song paints a perfect picture of what its like to have a child....i dont but thats what my dad said. and on top of that eminems songs were he sings and not rap dont sound as good. and on top of that hes like ill break that birdies neck..or whatever at the end of the song. you cant put sh*t like that in a song for your kid. why not say, "if that bird doesnt sing ill politely take it back to the store and ask for another"? and he was doin lines in i think my dads gone crazy which featured his daughter.

I had 2 go with "Just The Two of Us."  "Mocking Bird" is a dope song.  It's one of the only songs i've like by Eminem in the past 4 years.  The problem with that song is, he's compliaining about things he can change.  With FP's "Just The Two of Us," he's putting alot more heart in2 the lyrics and the advice he gives in the song is amazing.  A few years before "Tell Me Why" waz written, he said "Just The Two of Us" waz him at his lyrical best.  Many of us might not agree with him on that, but i think we all know where he waz coming from when he said that.

Well if a song is something from your heart, rhyme structure isn't really the most important thing, he's had a lot of songs that're lyrically better, but none of them could get deeper than this song, I think this is one of the deepest tracks he's ever done.

i'm goin with Just The Two of Us. i like Mockingbird also cuz it's a dope track and Em's got a good flow. however, i think Will's song was deeper from his heart and just better lyrically. the only think that i don't like about Just The Two of Us is it's not a rap track so i dont get in2 it that much. also, like some of u said, Eminem kinda ruined the song at the end of the song by sayin he's gonna break the birdie's neck and not 2 f*** with dad.

"Just the 2 of Us" is sooooo much better! Will is actually teaching his son about how to be a good person and how he loves him and everything. Eminem is just pointing out the bad things and all the changes that he seemed to have trouble adapting to...

"Just the 2 of Us" all the way!! :2thumbs:

I voted 4 "Just the Two of Us". Em song "Mockingbird" was an ok song but I love the Just the Two... cause it is a real deep track. It's a lovely song for fathers n sons. Em song was a'ight, Em did get alittle better with the lyrics in that one. I also like "Just the Two of Us" because it's a twist on Grover Washington n Bill Withers showing the younger generation sum ol' skool. :2thumbs: