JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Your Top 3 music producers of all time

Well if you're talking about top 3 of all-time, I'd have to include some music pioneers that opened up the doors for urban music today:

1-James Brown

2-Ray Charles

3-Stevie Wonder

Honorable Mention would be the best producer in urban music over the last 20 years:

Teddy Riley-(he's produced hits for Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Guy, Heavy D, Blackstreet, Keith Sweat, Wreckx-N-Effectz, Michael Jackson, and Foxy Brown among other big names in hip-hop/r&b over the last 20 years)

1. DJ Jazzy Jeff + A Touch of Jazz (JJ+FP, Jill Scott, Musiq, Floetry, Kenny Lattimore)

2. The Ummah (A Tribe Called Quest, Lucy Pearl)

3. Speech + Arrested Development (Arrested Developement, Speech, Gumbo, Laurnea)

The majority of their work is always flawless and timeless. The make the kinda music were i could listen 2 instrumentals ALBUMS worth of the stuff they do. They make the kinda music that never gets stale. There's no trends or obvious traces of when the track waz made.

Honorable Mention would be the best producer in urban music over the last 20 years:

Teddy Riley-(he's produced hits for Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Guy, Heavy D, Blackstreet, Keith Sweat, Wreckx-N-Effectz, Michael Jackson, and Foxy Brown among other big names in hip-hop/r&b over the last 20 years)

Not to forget JJFP :)

Not to forget JJFP :)

Oh yeah that's right, he produced "I'm Lookin' For The One"(To Be Wit Me)

There are so many producers out there...here is a list of others that i've always liked...Teddy Riley, Jermaine Dupri, Eddie F + The Untouchables, Soulshock + Karlin (SoulPower), DJ Premier (Gang Starr), Pete Rock, Prince Paul (formally an extended member of De La Soul), Babyface, Eazy Mo Bee, Kay Gee (Naughty By Nature), Johnny J (2Pac's mid-90's in-house producer), Shock G + Digital Underground, Dallas Austin, Dr. Dre, Trackmasters.

One of my favourite producers are:

Ced Gee of ultramagnetic, Pete Rock, Kutmaster Kurt, Dan the automator, Jazzy Jeff and da whole atoj posse.. 45 King, extra pee, all da people behind the atcq productions, Kenny Dope, T-Ray, PMD .. u see, I like ruff uptempo and breaksbeats and on the other side soulful, jazzy smooth beats;-).. by the way: **** this clean pop-beatz by Kanye West!!!

here in Germany I love beatz from all da old school producers.. Marius no1, Future Rock, Rick Ski, Zeb roc ski and of course from da one and only dreamteam: Stieber Twins..

Peace

How on earth could i 4get Timbaland!?!?

Hotzappa, i gotta agree with u on Phil Spector. At least back in the '60's. These days he's busy killing girls in his house (if that's true).