JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WB Batman Begins Previews

MaxFly

Did anyone catch the 10 minute showing of scenes from Batman Begins last night on the WB? The movie looks great. There were variety of scenes shown from throughout the movie. Really looking forward to the rejuvenation of the Bat franchise after the embarrasment that came in the form of the last two movies.

I didn't see it, but i can't wait 2 check the movie. I used 2 be a big comic book freak when i waz younger. I don't collect them anymore...but i still love that stuff.

I got the Batman movie boxset 2 years ago. I remember thinking Batman + Robin was so cheezy when i saw it in theaters. But when i watched it 2 years ago, i actually liked it alot. Maybe it just wasn't meant 4 the movie screen. I like the dark, heavy feel from the 1st 2 Batman movies. But part of me dose like the more comic book style of the last 2. They just needed stronger scripts.

Yeah, i think the Batman movies can keep coming. They just need 2 keep the same people in them (on the screen and behind the scenes). They need 2 be pickier about the scripts 2.

• Members

I just hope they don't screw it up like the previous two movies. Even though Christian Bale does not fit the bill to play Bruce Wayne, hopefully the script can do justice to the Batman character. I think 'Batman' was the only movie which really brought the comic book to life. Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson nailed their roles as Bruce and Joker. In 'Batman Returns', Michael did a great job, but the Catwoman and Penguin characters were just not that interesting. I still don't know why Michelle Pfieffer played Catwoman like a psycho coming back from the dead, because the comics version is nothing like that. It looked more like something Harley Quinn character would do, especially since they both have blonde hair. :kekeke: And in the next two movies, all the actors failed to bring their characters to life. Except probably our dear Arnie, 'cause he really seemed as the Mr. Freeze from the comics. :thumb: But I think Batman Begins might hit it with the comic book fans because of the Scarecrow being featured. He is one of my all time favourite Gotham villians, only after Bane and Joker, so hopefully it will be nice to watch. :wiggle:

I just hope they don't screw it up like the previous two movies. Even though Christian Bale does not fit the bill to play Bruce Wayne, hopefully the script can do justice to the Batman character. I think 'Batman' was the only movie which really brought the comic book to life. Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson nailed their roles as Bruce and Joker. In 'Batman Returns', Michael did a great job, but the Catwoman and Penguin characters were just not that interesting. I still don't know why Michelle Pfieffer played Catwoman like a psycho coming back from the dead, because the comics version is nothing like that. It looked more like something Harley Quinn character would do, especially since they both have blonde hair. :kekeke: And in the next two movies, all the actors failed to bring their characters to life. Except probably our dear Arnie, 'cause he really seemed as the Mr. Freeze from the comics. :thumb: But I think Batman Begins might hit it with the comic book fans because of the Scarecrow being featured. He is one of my all time favourite Gotham villians, only after Bane and Joker, so hopefully it will be nice to watch. :wiggle:

Well you can actually get a pretty good idea of what the movie is like by watching the preview. The torrent is available I believe.

I loved 'Batman'. I would react the movie wit my BAtman figures. It was so much fun. I made about 30 some movies wit complicated obstacles for Batman to overcome.

I would love to re-inact Joker's scenes too. I'm so good.

"Wait til they get a load of me? ooooooo. oop, opp, hahahahaha!"

Batman's great, I'm a big fan. He's always been my favourite superhero. The comics have always been dark and mature, and I think that's what was missing from that last few movies. Anyways, it seems like they've gone back 2 that dark feel with this one, which is cool. I think Christian Bale will do a great job. Anyone see Equilibrium? U can almost see him as Bruce Wayne in that movie.

The one thing they've never been able to recreate in the movies is Batman's fighting prowess. The man is a super super super super ninja in addition to his knowledge of sciences and his sleuthing skills. He's "mastered" at least over 50% of all the matial arts disciplines and he's studied and taken moves from all 127 disciplines... you'd think he'd be able to do more than just simply punch and kick people. I'm hoping to see a lot of hand to hand combat in this new film, especially since he's supposed to have spent much of his childhood learning and mastering so many disciplines. I'm not sure how well Bale will be able to move in the new suit, but since this is an integral aspect of the mythos, something needs to be done. If not, we may as well go back to the days when Batman was saying stuff like, "Use the anti-shark repellent spray, Robin!"

• Members

The one thing they've never been able to recreate in the movies is Batman's fighting prowess. The man is a super super super super ninja in addition to his knowledge of sciences and his sleuthing skills.

That's so correct. Batman is known for his extreme combat skills which could never be recreated in the movies. I felt that the old 'Batman Adventures' cartoon series showed more action and dark side than all the movies put together. :kekeke: I wish they would create an action sequence like something from the Matrix movies. Because that's how Batman's fighting style is. :thumb:

Or something like the Blade movies...

I think that if they are to try to capture Batman's fighting style, they have to make the Batsuit a lot less bulky. In all 4 of the previous movies, Batman's movements were awkward because of the suit, and the actors looked a bad ridiculous trying to fight in it.

What would be cool is if they did an entire Batman movie in CGI.

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were strange movie. They seemed like a modern version of the 60s Batman Tv series. I hope Batman Begins will be as good as Batman (1989) with a GREAT Michael Keaton.

lol, I think you meant to say a great Bruce Wayne. Keaton played him in the first and second Batman movies.

God Blessa!