JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

5th graders listen to Will

• Members

Hey everybody...

I'm a fifth grade teacher and today as my class was going outside one of my students mentioned that they liked that Will Smith's song "Switch." She said that her and her mom listen to it all the time in their car... This was kinda of encouraging considering usually I hear kids saying they like 50 Cent.. or songs like "Girl Fight."

That's why I love Will's music cause everybody can enjoy it. Not to mention he has some very soulful lyrics that can make u think. Well that is great to hear mister :thumb: :angel: Are u the same guy that was looking for a poster of the Fresh Prince? :angel:

I don't get mad when i hear about kids totally feeling his stuff. When i hear little kids say they like poison like Eminem and G-Unit, i shake my head in disappointment. FP makes music 4 the people...and most walks of life can relate 2 it. After all, i listened 2 JJ+FP as a kid. I grew up 2 be a pretty smart and positive person. It scares me that young kids can embrace a negative person like 50 Cent cuz i can see how that could effect their thoughts and behavior.

Hey everybody...

I'm a fifth grade teacher and today as my class was going outside one of my students mentioned that they liked that Will Smith's song "Switch." She said that her and her mom listen to it all the time in their car... This was kinda of encouraging considering usually I hear kids saying they like 50 Cent.. or songs like "Girl Fight."

Yepp ur right! Most people listen to them jerks... But it makes me happy that there are still some clever people that know what's up and listen to some good music! :thumb: