JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Did anybody expect "Switch" to do THIS well?

Did anybody expect "Switch" to do THIS well?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Did anybody expect "Switch" to do THIS well?

• Yes
    • No

When I saw the music video for the first time which was on BET. I didn't even knew that Will had another album coming out. But when I heard it, I thought it was gonna do pretty well. :peace: :angel:

I just loved the fact that Will was on music tv again, and it was a great change of scenary. I didn't expect to do what it has done, and is doing. It's like when we figure people R sleeping on it, it's topping radio and stuff, but the album itself ain't moving.

I still hear bad critics out there talkin stuff on Will like he's nothin. I was gonna go off, but I had to finish an assignment I was behind on. Lucky guy.

To be honest, I didn't think "Switch" was gonna do this well. Not that I didn't have any faith, I knew it would be bigger than "Black Suits Comin" for sure but this is FP's first Top 10 hit since "Will 2k". Its an enormous worldwide hit and the whole internet distribuation has really helped it too. I thought it would take away but since they rarely sell CD singles in the US anymore, its really helping. And it was just slowly getting more and more airplay then L+F dropped and now it keeps on increasing fast in airplay. Its so great!

I never knew it wud do this well.. I liked the video alot but didn't quite like the song.. However I'm glad tht most people like it.. :thumb:

im a pretty optimistic person, but i thought switch would enter the charts say at about 8 and fall out of the top ten within a week. Especially after the poor radio play its been getting but after its done so well after poor support its done incredibly well.

Hmm, I never thought that annother Will-Song would become that successful!

But when I heard the song, and watched the video, I knew this would become a hit.

The only problem in my opinion is that Switch has much of a party-song that he critizices in Lost&Found, so that's the reason for the good selling. Somehow I think that Tell Me Why won't be that successful for that reason, although it's 1000times better! :mad8:

I thought Switch when i first heard it had hit written all over it. But only if it had the right promotion and stuff. Which it didn't seem to have so i was a little worried for a while. I still voted no tho cos i didn't think it would have the lasting appeal it has had.