JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members

I was watching this movie today called 'Malibu's Most Wanted' which is about a rich white kid who acts black all the time. So his dad hires 2 black guys (who by the way are portrayed as not ghetto enough and are more like whites) to kidnap him and show him what real hood is like. So these two black dudes try to act all tough and they take him to a freestylers underground place. But when they go there, the two black guys ask the DJ is he could play Will Smith's "Gettin Jiggy Wit It", which is supposed to show that the guys weren't black enough. That scene really pissed me off.

It's really sad when everybody stereotypes Will as not being 'black enough'. :poke:

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching this movie today called 'Malibu's Most Wanted' which is about a rich white kid who acts black all the time. So his dad hires 2 black guys (who by the way are portrayed as not ghetto enough and are more like whites) to kidnap him and show him what real hood is like. So these two black dudes try to act all tough and they take him to a freestylers underground place. But when they go there, the two black guys ask the DJ is he could play Will Smith's "Gettin Jiggy Wit It", which is supposed to show that the guys weren't black enough. That scene really pissed me off.

It's really sad when everybody stereotypes Will as not being 'black enough'. :poke:

I know it's just ridiculous but at the other hand, what it has got to do with being black or black enough??? I mean come on, a white guy can sing or rap that way either - like a gangsta and all... (Just like Eminem) But he gotta do it betta than EM, that's fo sho'... :haha: