JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What bothers me about his solo albums

I think the point of Wave Em Off is to tell that greatness always comes along with 'hateness' I think that's the most important theme of the track... there's plenty of better examples of Will showng off, isn't there?

Nah, it's not the BEST example, but it's the one that's bugged me lately, maybe moreso BECAUSE it has a bigger theme that should be more properly addressed. That standing on my wallet line just makes me cringe every time I hear it. Is that all you have to respond to the haters with? Screw you, Will! :chuks: (and I say that with all due respect lol)

Edited by scyhigh99

• Members

:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd:

Anyone notice this? I noticed this in Will 2K I love the CD but stop flaunting man your better than that. He even says "Not Conceedid I'm as good as I say I am" how silly. You are too good to be showing off

Don't Get Me Wrong The CD's Rule just that bothers me

Will's one of the richest men in the world, he's making 20 Million A Film, damn if I had that kind of money I'd brag too, he does own those cars he talks about, he's on the cover of magazines, and he's got a hot wife, if that was my life, I'd wanna talk about that too, but I'm poor so I talk about how I'm just getting by and tryin' to make it in the world in my songs, he's just speaking about his life, he talks about the problems that he has too, the fame doesn't always make you happy, but he doesn't brag as much as Cassidy, Bow Wow, and these up and coming rappers do, come on now, how could they be that rich as they say on their 1st albums when they're making only 50 cents for each album they sell? :cwm: 50 Cent brags about sleeping with Vivica Fox, come on now, why'd she want him? he's a loner! :hilarious:

:ditto: That's how I feel!! A lot of rappers do that, but Will has a right to do that because he IS the best!! :peace:

I think the point of Wave Em Off is to tell that greatness always comes along with 'hateness' I think that's the most important theme of the track... there's plenty of better examples of Will showng off, isn't there?

Nah, it's not the BEST example, but it's the one that's bugged me lately, maybe moreso BECAUSE it has a bigger theme that should be more properly addressed. That standing on my wallet line just makes me cringe every time I hear it. Is that all you have to respond to the haters with? Screw you, Will! :chuks: (and I say that with all due respect lol)

well u know what...i still haven't heard it yet..cuz i aint got WIll's cd... I had another couple lined up first..but imma get it tho...

with that said..i didnt know he was braggin bout havin phatt pockets..SHAME on you WILL ... lol bet u guys wont EVER see me braggin bout having empty pockets! lmbo :thumb:

I can kinda see ur point now tho... cuz when u struggling thru life like most of us, its painful to c ppl throwin money away, (yep, even Will) when we are pinchin pennies to get $2.oo's worth of gas. (just to make it back home) LOL... but hey..its his money... no need 2 triP. nah mean?

We can't see things from his perspective cuz we broke,...but likewise,...he will NEVER be able to see life outside of his :dancingcool: rosecoloured glasses (no pun neone)... so...

thats just how the ball rolls,...its nothing 2 be wasting ur energy on... 4 real. I personally don't care for anyone to be braggin bout what they got... but that's just me... but as far as u, try 2 focus on how good YOUR own life is without all the hollywood hype and being able to go wherever u wanna go without signing autographs...or paparazi's or 50 million fat ugly women chasing after u.. :cwm:

then again...im sure some guys would love the 'women' part. lmbo

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

is it "showing off" or "confidence" with a twyst of "I don't care what u think about me" attitude????

I guess if i were just as successful... I might show off just a lil bit tooo. :thumb:

JUUUUUUst a lil bit. lmbo

I'm nowhere near a celebrity like Will, but what gets me,...is that its really annoying when i find chiks tryna get close to me, out of 'curiosity' when they find out about my talents, or how ppl are just naturally drawn 2 me or my personality... , then start tryna BE like me. (steal my identity, so to speak) :antlers: I can't stand how people always scrutinize my EVERY move, always looking for flaws in my personality or behaviour.... so in Will's case, I hope he keeps that high level of confidence, cuz I MOs DEF don't think I could deal with Hollywood or the public in my life like that...

can u imagine working in the yard, no make up, hair looking like WHOA! lmAo...no dazzling look,...but just down on ur knees and hands in the dirt then sum paparazis are snappin pics to sell? lmao

peace,

cookie

I think anyone would show off a lil if he was famous or not? :confused3:

I think anyone would show off a lil if he was famous or not? :confused3:

The way I look at it, anybody with some level of success is proud of their accomplishment, and want to show it off... ain't nothing wrong with that..but braggin is another whole subject...

regardless,...its his life... since I dont know whats going on in anyone's head,...Id rather not judge. But braggin wouldn't be my style if I were as successful...

peace,

cookie

I know he brags. It doesn't bother me. And I really just don't care if he brags or not as long as he keeps a good flow and beats. I love all his albums. Hell I brag to if I was a great emcee and had a lot of money. But he is just being honest. I mean Will is just a regular guy. Will is a member of the PTA at his son's school. Will doesn't mine signing autographs or taking pictures. He loves his fans. Not like sum artist that cause fist fight, get into drugs because they are bored with their money, and try to live as a thug but they have a wife, kids and a big ass house on top of a hill. But thats the way I feel just let Will do his thing :thumb:

I think anyone would show off a lil if he was famous or not?  :confused3:

The way I look at it, anybody with some level of success is proud of their accomplishment, and want to show it off... ain't nothing wrong with that..but braggin is another whole subject...

regardless,...its his life... since I dont know whats going on in anyone's head,...Id rather not judge. But braggin wouldn't be my style if I were as successful...

peace,

cookie

Yepp I think so, too! I would show off a lil either... I think that's pretty normal! :kool:

• Members

I Just played them again The last time I played them was 10 yrs ago After Playing them I decided I was wrong. It doesn't matter to me anymore I just enjoy them :jazzy: :woot: :spin: :wiggle: