JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

top 100 best rap/hiphop artist

Guest Guest

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell, Melle Mel at only #95? Kanye West ahead of Busta Rhymes? KRS-ONE at only #32? JJFP at only #30? Slick Rick at only #40? Mase ahead of Big Daddy Kane? Fat Joe at only #99? This list is retarted!

Edited by bigted

It makes u wonder who dose these lists. If i make an opinion about something that i'm not totally a part of, i either shut up or state that my opinon saying that "this is what i'm going by..." Anyone who is gonna keep Big Daddy Kane out of the top 10 obviously dosen't know what they are talking about.

2 Songs I heard from Kel Spencer are better than anything I heard from Nelly, they should've put him on the list instead! :cwm: I'd have JJFP trade places with Beastie Boys, with them being at #30, and JJFP at #4 ranked up with Run-DMC, Public Enemy, and 2Pac.

Edited by bigted

wow i'm acutally surprised. while there are some artists there that are out of place, and RunDMC doesnt belong at #1, JJFP gettin the 30 spot out of 100 is better than usual. however, Will doesnt belong at 76 right next 2 Ludacris :nono:

It's better to say Run-DMC's the greatest hip-hop artist than it is to say Biggie or Eminem like they usually do. Why did they seperate Will Smith from JJFP and KRS-ONE from BDP, they could've gave one of those spots to Hieroglyphics, since their career has been longer than even Salt-N-Pepa now, no disrespect to Salt-N-Pepa, they opened doors for female rappers, but Hieroglyphics deserve their due, the only way I'm happy with JJFP being ranked #30 is if hip-hop pioneers are ranked above him, not current chart rappers like Jay-Z and Eminem, I could make a better list than this with these same artists!

Edited by bigted

It's better to say Run-DMC's the greatest hip-hop artist than it is to say Biggie or Eminem like they usually do. Why did they seperate Will Smith from JJFP and KRS-ONE from BDP, they could've gave one of those spots to Hieroglyphics, since their career has been longer than even Salt-N-Pepa now, no disrespect to Salt-N-Pepa, they opened doors for female rappers, but Hieroglyphics deserve their due, the only way I'm happy with JJFP being ranked #30 is if hip-hop pioneers are ranked above him, not current chart rappers like Jay-Z and Eminem, I could make a better list than this with these same artists!

Yeah Riiiight.....Outkast and 2Pav are better than LL :cwm:

2Pac certainly is in my opinion! perhaps even one of the greatest that has lived. u could make a good argument that he deserved the #1 spot

8. Salt-N-Pepa - In the Top 10!?!

15. Missy Elliott - Good, but ahead of WAY too many good ones.

16. Queen Latifah - No. No.

17. Jay Z - Why so low on the list?

19. Mary J. Blige - is NOT rap

25. Doug E. Fresh - I love the guy, but hasn't put out enough to be put past a number of these artists

29. Erykah Badu - Isn't really rap...

32. KRS - One - Why so low?

34. TLC - Isn't rap. Goddamnit.

35. Kool DJ Herc - Too low

36. MC Lyte - Not good enough to be at such a high position; maybe around the 60s

39. Common - I think he should be higher.

40. Slick Rick - Same as above.

49. Digital Underground - I wouldn't put them in my Top 100

50. Mase - Love the guy, but waaaay too high

51. Big Daddy Kane - should be higher

52. Lil Kim - Not in my Top 100

57. Biz Markie - The class clown of Rap should be lower

59. Kanye West - People need to hop off the Kanye bandwagon and realize he's only put out one CD.

60. Busta Rhymes - Too low

62. Arrested Development - Not in my Top 100

65. Scarface - Too low

68. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Too low

70. The Fat Boys - No.

73. Method Man - Should be a little higher

74. Mobb Deep - In my Top 30

75. Ludacris Underrated on this list

76. Will Smith - My Top 1

78. Roxanne Shanté - Not in my Top 200

81. Whodini - Not in my Top 100

87. Foxy Brown - Not in my Top 100

88. 3rd Bass - Same as above

89. Big Punisher - Should be higher

95. Grandmaster Melle Mel - Waaaaaaaaay too low

99. Fat Joe - Needs to be alot higher

I haven't heard of a good percent of the people on that list. I need to get in touch with more hiphop.

BTW, this list is the devil.

As much as I love 2Pac, he's too overrated, if he were living he wouldn't be so high on everyone's list, what he put out when he was living was flawless but it's not a guarantee that he'd stay consistant like LL Cool J and Will Smith are, you could actually make an argument for them being number #1 more than 2Pac if you look at their consistantly of their catalogs, btw Queen Latifah should be top 10 in my opinion, she put New Jersey hip-hop on the map! :afro: Left Eye gave TLC a hip-hop edge, so TLC is hip-hop, BBD deserves a mention too, P.Diddy would only be mentioned for his producing skills but he bit a lot of those off of Teddy Riley so I'd mention him somewhere too, and I'd actually rank Jay-Z much lower than #17 if I were making this list, no higher than #50 to me 'cause you think of all the pioneers that deserve props, Jay-Z gets enough props already, the pioneers deserve some love, I'd probably put Biggie somewhere in the late 40's probably, he had skills but didn't make the type of impact 2Pac did in his short time to be considered a legend, and I'd put Eminem, Lil' Kim, P.Diddy, and Nelly at the bottom of the list, probably take them off the top 100. I think the person that made this list was just thrown these names at random and just picked the numbers out of a hat. :cwm:

Edited by bigted

2Pac certainly is in my opinion! perhaps even one of the greatest that has lived. u could make a good argument that he deserved the #1 spot

Ok 2pac..I can Acept that..

But Outcast and Sald N Pepa?

Edited by Turntable

As much as I love 2Pac, he's too overrated, if he were living he wouldn't be so high on everyone's list...

Yeah that`s rigth.Actualy his dead was good for his career.I think he is such a hype because he died on the top of his career.If LL had died right after Mama Said Knock you out it would be the same hype.