JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

67th and 87th Best hip-hop song

2 me, u can't really make a list of the best trax. But can say "These songs are amoungst the best"...and "These aren't the best...but they are right behind trax like "Fight The Power" and "Microphone Fiend." There's just 2 many styles and time-release-gaps 2 compare them all. How u gonna say "Rapper's Delight" is comparable 2 "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"...u can't really compare a song from 1979 2 a song from 1997.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The list is in a rather weird order, but fair play for putting some forgotten classics in there whoever wrote it. Hey Ya is a classic song already and deserves to be in a countdown chart even if it isn't your everyday HipHop song.

I KNOW KANYE WEST IS NOT THE BEST RAPPER BUT      JESUS WALKS IS   DOPE  TH - TH -TH THE LIRICS ARE JUST CRAZY AND VIDEO MAN   JUST  NO WORDS :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:

I think Will's "The Rain" and "Afro Angel" are better, if they were released, peeps would be saying Will's one of the deepest rappers ever, screw Columbia, they f'd up his image! :poke: I could name 100 JJFP/Will Smith songs that're better than those listed on there. "Brand New Funk", "I Think I Could Beat Mike Tyson", and "Wild Wild West" should've gotten a mention, oh hell even "Men In Black", "Will 2K", and "Freakin' It" are better than some of those corny songs on there.

Edited by bigted

I KNOW KANYE WEST IS NOT THE BEST RAPPER BUT      JESUS WALKS IS   DOPE  TH - TH -TH THE LIRICS ARE JUST CRAZY AND VIDEO MAN   JUST  NO WORDS :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:

I think Will's "The Rain" and "Afro Angel" are better, if they were released, peeps would be saying Will's one of the deepest rappers ever, screw Columbia, they f'd up his image! :poke: I could name 100 JJFP/Will Smith songs that're better than those listed on there. "Brand New Funk", "I Think I Could Beat Mike Tyson", and "Wild Wild West" should've gotten a mention, oh hell even "Men In Black", "Will 2K", and "Freakin' It" are better than some of those corny songs on there.

Lol... I don't know about freaking it... but Will 2K and MIB I agree are better than some of these songs.

Guest Guest

The ranking is bull****...what the **** has eminem to do on the list...i never heard one person on this planet say the way i am or stan is a hip hop classic! Summertime definitely in top 10!

Stan is a hip-hop classic. Its only eminem haters that can say that that song is not amazing. He put so much into that song.

"The Message" is classic. I don't know if i'd call it number one...but it's in the top 20. Eminem's "Stan" is a drop track...but i wouldn't put it in the top 100. I think Wu-Tang's "C.R.E.A.M." is at a good spot...but only if better trax were in front of it.

"Fight The Power"'s a great song, but I think "Don't Believe The Hype" was PE at it's finest, that's the anthem of my life right there! :chuks:

I KNOW KANYE WEST IS NOT THE BEST RAPPER BUT      JESUS WALKS IS  DOPE  TH - TH -TH THE LIRICS ARE JUST CRAZY AND VIDEO MAN  JUST  NO WORDS :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:

Lol... I don't know about freaking it... but Will 2K and MIB I agree are better than some of these songs.

Will and JJFP made a lot of smash hits that could replace a bunch of songs on that list... :nono:

The nr #1 spot is very overrated, The Message... doesnt like it at all.

yeah, but you only listen to JJFP so how would you know *wink*

What has that to do with anything...

Ive heard the track and I think ppl are overrating it when they put it on the #1 spot.