Homebase                          2, 000, 000

And in this Corner                  900, 000

Rock The House                      600, 000

Lost and Found                      315, 891

Code Red                              314, 000

Born To Reign                        237, 000

JJFP Greatest Hits                    160, 000

Will Smith Greatest Hits            70, 000

All I want to know is where all the people who bought Willenium went... :poke: :speechless:

Edited by MaxFly

• Admin

a lot of them were young girls..teeny bopper fans who have no loyalty and when they grow up they aint gonna buy wills next album..it was kind of a disposable audience.. but with lost and found..if switch can make it sell 400, 000.. tell me why being a hit could push sales up to 800, 000 plus.. its just the beginning :ridepony:

Hey it officially passed "Code Red", that album should've outsold "The Chronic" in '93! :poke: I think KRS-ONE's "Return Of Da Boom Bap" even sold more than "Code Red", which is the only time in history KRS outsold FP, it's a shame how his sales could go from 1,000,000 albums sold with "Criminal Minded" to 10,000 with "Keep Right", now that's what I call a drop! :speechless:

Edited by bigted

Big Willie Style                   9, 000, 000

He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper 3, 000, 000

Willennium                         2, 100, 000

Homebase                          2, 000, 000

And in this Corner                   900, 000

Rock The House                      600, 000

Lost and Found                       315, 891

Code Red                               314, 000

Born To Reign                         237, 000

JJFP Greatest Hits                    160, 000

Will Smith Greatest Hits             70, 000

All I want to know is where all the people who bought Willenium went... :poke: :speechless:

That's what I was wondering too. But I think Tim is sort of right. I am a girl and I brought the album Willennium cause I always liked Will's flow and his style. But sum ppl just brought it cause of WWW and Will2K. Not really paying any attention to the other tracks like Afro Angel or The Rain. :angel:

I'm still shocked how "Code Red" - an album with 3 videos, 3 singles - featuring a US top 10 hit "Boom! Shake the Room" (the single went Gold too) failed to come close to the success of "Homebase". You'd think with all the promotion of JJ+FP on TV that it would've sold alot. Man, what the hell was goin on with society back in late '93? Jeezs.

In these days, when albums can go platnium in 2 or 3 days, i'm really disappointed that Rock The House and And In This Corner... have still sold more copies than Lost + Found. After all, in those days, it waz amazing when a Hip-Hop album sold Gold.

• Admin

well the music industry is changing once again.. back in the early 90s if you went gold that was a real achievement.. in the late 90s you had to go multi-platinum.. gold meant nothin.. now in 2005 with downloading of music etc going gold is once again acceptable and sumthin 2 aim for.. only 4 or 5 artists will sell millions in a few weeks out of 1000s of releases... if lost and found goes gold that will be a solid achivement..and is gonna encourage Will to release another album..sooner rather than later

The fact that L&F is already doing better than Born To Reign in a matter of weeks is great news for Will as he knows he's coming back to the top again. More singles will only enhance this. I see this album reaching a similar number of sales to Willenium by the time its last innings come in.

In these days, when albums can go platnium in 2 or 3 days, i'm really disappointed that Rock The House and And In This Corner... have still sold more copies than Lost + Found. After all, in those days, it waz amazing when a Hip-Hop album sold Gold.

It's dissapointing but ol' school hip-hop is dead in the mainstream world, how much did "The Magnificent" sell? I'm sure "L&F" passed that already too, LL Cool J's the highest selling ol' school mc over the past couple years with "The Defintion" which sold around 600,000 copies, which is about as much as Nas' "Street's Disciple" sold and he's not even that ol' school yet, it's a miracle for ol' school hip-hop artists to sell 100,000 these days, I don't even think De La Soul did that, so let's put this in perspective here, Will's doing great 'cause his time was supposed to pass him already as far as sales are concerned! I wish that artists could be judged on their talent more than how old they are, but I guess the teens don't wanna buy albums by somebody as old as their parents. Tim has a point there too, nobody's going platinum in 3 days anymore except Eminem and 50 Cent, the average sales for the #1 album lately has been less than 100,000, so even if Will hit #1 for a couple weeks, it still would take longer than a couple months to go platinum.

I don't think Gold is a real acheivement. That just sounds like justifying things so that sales can suck. How many times do u hear someone announcing when an album goes gold.

Big Willie Style 9, 000, 000

He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper 3, 000, 000

Willennium 2, 100, 000

Homebase 2, 000, 000

And in this Corner 900, 000

Rock The House 600, 000

Lost and Found 315, 891

Code Red 314, 000

Born To Reign 237, 000

JJFP Greatest Hits 160, 000

Will Smith Greatest Hits 70, 000

Looks good 4 now... But if it doesn't keep gettin' up then it's not so well...

The truth is Will can't survive in this music industry eventually making one album every 3 years, he has to come out with quicker releases 'cause fans have short term memories of an artist, a lot of new artists come to grab their attention, but with that being said KRS-ONE released 4 albums this decade and their combined sales don't even equal LL's "The Definition" numbers, so it's been a dissapointment to see Eminem, 50 Cent, and Jay-Z sell so much and the legends not sell much at all, KRS should sell 10 million and won some Grammy's by now, the music industry is wack!

The truth is Will can't survive in this music industry eventually making one album every 3 years, he has to come out with quicker releases 'cause fans have short term memories of an artist, a lot of new artists come to grab their attention, but with that being said KRS-ONE released 4 albums this decade and their combined sales don't even equal LL's "The Definition" numbers, so it's been a dissapointment to see Eminem, 50 Cent, and Jay-Z sell so much and the legends not sell much at all, KRS should sell 10 million and won some Grammy's by now, the music industry is wack!

Yes ur right but what about Jay-Z? U don't like him, too? I think Jay-Z is ok because he isn't exactly like 50, EM or so... He's a bit different, I think u know what I mean! :peace: