JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

what happed to Will

• Members

i am a fan of Will but the last album is wack there is not the fresh prince style is kind of little hard rap like i listed all the rappers at the moment nothing special

i miss funky fresh sound :tear:

Lol, you're all alone on that assesment of the album. As Will said, he dug deeper within himself to write these lyrics and that Lost and Found is the result. Personally, I think the album is great. A person can only make so many feel good party tracks. An artist has to keep their music diverse and innovative or else it will get boring.

Lol, you're all alone on that assesment of the album. As Will said, he dug deeper within himself to write these lyrics and that Lost and Found is the result. Personally, I think the album is great. A person can only make so many feel good party tracks. An artist has to keep their music diverse and innovative or else it will get boring.

And again nice said Max! :thumb:

• Members

& i think the album is great but just that style and there is a lot of good party songs but thats aint my point my point that like HIS FRESH STYLE and optimistic of will in his songs :peace:

I dont agree, I think the album is cool, but I can understand that you miss the odl style. I do think he could have kept a lil of it, even the party songs arnt like his old party songs

Yea, I think he just didn't want to make this album sound like old school, not even a bit. Because he often said that maybe some people will be shocked about it because the style is very different and way more harder than his last albums, u know! So, the album is awesome the way it is and the next one is gon' be funnier again and all that FP Style, maybe even wit' Jazzy Jeff, dunno, but I'm sure about that, that it's gon' be funnier and all...

& i think the album is great but just that style and there is a lot of good party songs but thats aint my point my point that like HIS FRESH STYLE and optimistic of will in his songs :peace:

We also have to realize that Will is getting older. There are some happy-go-lucky topics that can easily be addressed when you're teens and in your 20s... but he's going to be 37 this year... it's only natural that he would address more serious topics at some point in his career. Even more... hip hop needs the message that he's trying to convey through Lost and Found. Lost and Found is Will's style... it's part of him, be it a part of him we don't normally get to see. Would we know that this part of Will existed if he just kept doing party/happy tracks? I'm not sure we would. There's nothing pessimistic about Lost and Found. The content is just more mature and more serious.

& i think the album is great but just that style and there is a  lot of good party songs but thats aint my point my point that like HIS FRESH STYLE and optimistic of will in his songs :peace:

We also have to realize that Will is getting older. There are some happy-go-lucky topics that can easily be addressed when you're teens and in your 20s... but he's going to be 37 this year... it's only natural that he would address more serious topics at some point in his career. Even more... hip hop needs the message that he's trying to convey through Lost and Found. Lost and Found is Will's style... it's part of him, be it a part of him we don't normally get to see. Would we know that this part of Will existed if he just kept doing party/happy tracks? I'm not sure we would. There's nothing pessimistic about Lost and Found. The content is just more mature and more serious.

I fully agree ya! That's what I'm talkin' about!!! And one more time nice said! :sonny:

Maybe u should write books or something, Will Fan Books or anything like that... :kekeke:

i think Will did a great job with this album with keeping his old style but adding something deeper and new. He still has his story telling raps and he still uses humour like in here he comes and mr nice guy, but i agree he cant just keep making happy songs all the time and so he went deeper with tell me why and ms holly roller.

This album has a perfect mix of fun and serious stuff.

i think Will did a great job with this album with keeping his old style but adding something deeper and new. He still has his story telling raps and he still uses humour like in here he comes and mr nice guy, but i agree he cant just keep making happy songs all the time and so he went deeper with tell me why and ms holly roller.

Yepp, agree! But for sho there's more serious stuff in it than funny...! I like it the way it is tho'! Awesome album... :kool:

Yepp, agree! But for sho there's more serious stuff in it than funny...! I like it the way it is tho'! Awesome album... :kool:

Some may hate me for this but i think the funny Stuff was much better than that deep stuff!

cause in funny stuf he was the best i think.But in the other stuf he isnt such as good as others..When i need deap things i have better options.

Some may hate me for this but i think the funny Stuff was much better than that deep stuff!

cause in funny stuf he was the best i think.But in the other stuf he isnt such as good as others..When i need deap things i have better options.

I don't know about that. It seems that the deep stuff is what really conveys how Will is thinks about certain issues. Miami and Gettin Jiggy Wit It were good tracks, but we didn't learn too much about Will in the process. The light tracks are the watered down and commercialized. The deep, heavy, introspective tracks are where we see Will at his best.