JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Billboard Charts

whether we like it or not another single isnt going to be released while switch is doing well. It never happens and im sure there is a reason for that. I dont know what your situation is like in the US, maybe it is time to release tell me why over there, but i know its not gonna get released over here yet. It would be a big mistake to do so.

From songs ive heard in the past, generally when the next single is released they pretty much stop playing the previous one and focus on the new one. This is about switch as a single and its success and releasing tell me why, i feel will decrease its sales.

I know lost and found is so much more important than switch, but i have every faith that L&F will sell. Switch took a long long time to catch on and i think so will the album and long term sales make big sales.

Remmember Will said switch is the anaethesia before he hits them with the cold water and damn tell me why is gonna hit them hard.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whether we like it or not another single isnt going to be released while switch is doing well. It never happens and im sure there is a reason for that. I dont know what your situation is like in the US, maybe it is time to release tell me why over there, but i know its not gonna get released over here yet. It would be a big mistake to do so.

From songs ive heard in the past, generally when the next single is released they pretty much stop playing the previous one and focus on the new one. This is about switch as a single and its success and releasing tell me why, i feel will decrease its sales.

I know lost and found is so much more important than switch, but i have every faith that L&F will sell. Switch took a long long time to catch on and i think so will the album and long term sales make big sales.

Remmember Will said switch is the anaethesia before he hits them with the cold water and damn tell me why is gonna hit them hard.

Well lets hope he hits the US with that cold water soon or else you guys in Europe won't be seeing any of it until July........... July...

Edited by MaxFly

Stop fooling yourselves.. Switch isn't doing good anymore in the u.s, it may have done good as a single, but not as a promoter for a album.

I've beenthru this thousands of times, feel's worthless trying to explain it. But in short:

-A single doesn't need to sell huge figures to hype the album. The first single needs to be an eyeopener, people should go like: WOW! Example: In da club, How we do, real slim shady, can't knock the hustle, izzo, ether and so on.

- If the first single isn't that kind of song, the the albums first weeks will be tough.

- That's when u hit them with something that feels fresh and good. That is tell me why or partystarter. Those are eyeopeners. The album will pick up in sales becasue the album is still fresh.

- If you wait too long until switch is entirely out of the charts, or as you guys say: milk it, then the L&F will be somewhere outside the top 50 and it will not pick up in sales so much, cause the album ain't fresh anymore.

- I Say: hit em now with tell me why. Then milk tell me why, hit em with partystarter and then a fourth single that only function as a hypesingle to make people remeber the artist. The fourth single should either be lost and found or Pump ya breakz. That would mean L&F has been producing singles and songs all the way until next summer. And the wait 'til next album shouldn't be as long as the wait for this one was.

cheers

yeah i gotta say i totally agree with MaxFly, Jim, and Frenetic. i know it's kinda hard when u live in different places, but when i say that i want a new single, i'm referrin 2 the US. Switch has been steadily droppin, and just like others have said, more spins isn't necessarily movin it's spot up or increasin album sales. i know that Switch might still be doin good in other countries, but in the US Switch is pretty much done what it can do. Will needs 2 hit em with Tell Me Why in the US! i can guarantee that Switch WILL NOT move up next week in the billboard charts regardless of the spins. any hype that there was of Switch is totally gone now. nuff said!

yeah i gotta say i totally agree with MaxFly, Jim, and Frenetic. i know it's kinda hard when u live in different places, but when i say that i want a new single, i'm referrin 2 the US. Switch has been steadily droppin, and just like others have said, more spins isn't necessarily movin it's spot up or increasin album sales. i know that Switch might still be doin good in other countries, but in the US Switch is pretty much done what it can do. Will needs 2 hit em with Tell Me Why in the US! i can guarantee that Switch WILL NOT move up next week in the billboard charts regardless of the spins. any hype that there was of Switch is totally gone now. nuff said!

And what bothers me the most is that no one is talking about it. The buzz doesn't seem to be there... The singles numbers imply that it's a big hit but the album sales numbers say that it's not quite as big as we think... especially the sales positions around the world. Perhaps this is because Switch is just the first single and people need more singles to digest before they make the full commitment to buy the album... but whatever the case, here's hoping that Tell Me Why really does bolster sales as much as we hope... because in a month... the album can possibly be selling in the teens and would really need a boost.

I dunno, I mean it sales great and all, Switch is doing good but not the album! Will gotta do somethin' 4 L&F or not?...  :confused3:

Good enough i think..Did you really expected more?

Yeah... we actually did expect more. The album is pure fire, and as hard as people may try to deny that, they're only kidding themselves. I'm not talking about the album going 9 times plat like BWS... But at least 1 times plat is reasonable. It still has the chance to go plat... but that's looking more and more unlikely as album sales fall and as Switch is being "milked."

Incidentally... I'm not sure if you guys have looked at those numbers I posted a few posts back. Lost and Found has dropped about 11 spots...

:ditto:

I think we all expected more because L&F is such an awesome album, it's even more than awesome and now what I see what's up wit' it in da charts, it really shocks me! I mean this album really deserves more man, come on! Don't ya think so? :confused3:

Ur right, maybe Switch doing very good there and here in germany, too! But not in US, but ok I think it's ok to wait a bit more before releasing Tell Me Why! Right now keep switchin'!!! :switch:

By the way, here's a party 2morrow, it'll be 2morrow or saturday and till monday, so they'll play Switch for sure because this party is every year and until now they always played sumthin' by Will and so I think they'll play this year again! I'll let ya guys know how it was and how many people enjoyed Switch and all that... Cya! Peace and out! :peace:

I dunno, I mean it sales great and all, Switch is doing good but not the album! Will gotta do somethin' 4 L&F or not?...  :confused3:

Good enough i think..Did you really expected more?

Yeah... we actually did expect more. The album is pure fire, and as hard as people may try to deny that, they're only kidding themselves. I'm not talking about the album going 9 times plat like BWS... But at least 1 times plat is reasonable. It still has the chance to go plat... but that's looking more and more unlikely as album sales fall and as Switch is being "milked."

Incidentally... I'm not sure if you guys have looked at those numbers I posted a few posts back. Lost and Found has dropped about 11 spots...

I think we all expected more because L&F is such an awesome album, it's even more than awesome and now what I see what's up wit' it in da charts, it really shocks me! I mean this album really deserves more man, come on! Don't ya think so? :confused3:

Yeah i love the record to but i also loved LL`s Definition and De La Soul`s Grind Date and they also didn`t do very good..I just didn`t expect more..

Ur right, maybe Switch doing very good there and here in germany, too! But not in US, but ok I think it's ok to wait a bit more before releasing Tell Me Why! Right now keep switchin'!!! :switch:

By the way, here's a party 2morrow, it'll be 2morrow or saturday and till monday, so they'll play Switch for sure because this party is every year and until now they always played sumthin' by Will and so I think they'll play this year again! I'll let ya guys know how it was and how many people enjoyed Switch and all that... Cya! Peace and out! :peace:

And it's really nothing to stress over because there's nothing we can really do about it. All we can do it talk. Will makes the ultimate decision. It's not going to stop me from playing them in the whip though.