JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Switch isnt going anywhere fast

Switch only fell 1 place this week down to number 6 in the UK chart. lol it just doesnt wanna move, the other songs that came out at the same time are now at about 20. Heres an update of what its done:

7 weeks in the top ten is impressive!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG, this is incredible! Song's practically NEVER stay in the top 10 this long in the UK. Normally they enter high and keep dropping. Wow. It'll end up being in the top 10 biggest selling singles of the year at this rate.

Any news on Lost And Found?

Edited by Shellshock

excellent news about Switch! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles.shtml

not so good about the album but I'm still expecting it to rise when Party Starter, Pump Ya Brakes and Tell Me Why are released - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

Oh yeah and Switch is stll kicking it in the downloads chart - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/downloads.shtml

ouch! ok stop the celebrations. Lost and found fell to number 38 from 25.

Why is switch doing so well yet lost and found isnt?

This is a very good question. There is a similar trend worldwide. Why is Lost and Found relatively low on the charts whereas Switch has been high on the charts in many countries. It may take another single to get people really talking about the album overseas. Who knows at this point. It's even likely that people have associated Switch with Hitch and not with Lost and Found. We'll see how sales progress during the coming weeks.

ouch! ok stop the celebrations. Lost and found fell to number 38 from 25.

Why is switch doing so well yet lost and found isnt?

This is a very good question. There is a similar trend worldwide. Why is Lost and Found relatively low on the charts whereas Switch has been high on the charts in many countries. It may take another single to get people really talking about the album overseas. Who knows at this point. It's even likely that people have associated Switch with Hitch and not with Lost and Found. We'll see how sales progress during the coming weeks.

I think it is for it not creating a big buzz yet. Yes it's incredible that it is selling so much, but the song isn't something that makes you wanna go deeper into an artist. that could be cured with tell me why or partystarter.

It'll all be better when those songs come out.

L&F will likely not rise until a new single is out. Its done well sticking in the top 40 for this long anyway off the back off one single.

It'll be back in the top 20 i think when the next single drops