JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Do you ever hear Will Smith on black radio?

Do you hear Will Smith's music on black radio?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hear Will Smith's music on black radio?

• Yes
    • No

I don't get why black radios don't play him, LL's music pretty similar to Will's and he gets a lotta airplay on black radio, maybe if LL's films did better, black radio would hate on him and not play his music either, I think it's all jealousy, they don't wanna see black peeps succeed.

I have alot...but not so much since 1999. "Summertime" always gets airplay. Back in 1997, just b4 BWS dropped, he waz on a sation based in DC and he premeired some of the album on a 3 hour sequence. They mixed it with some JJ+FP stuff along with current stuff. With all the BWS and Willennium stuff, they played all the singles when they 1st dropped, but when they got really popular, they stopped. My local Hip-Hop/R-N-B station (which is garbage) never plays his stuff.

Here is Germany Jam-FM plays it sometimes, but just summertime! What i don't understand is that Mos Def represents the same thing as Will but got more respect for his work...he is also multitalented and is today more successful with his movies than his music!? :confused3:

I don't get why black radios don't play him, LL's music pretty similar to Will's and he gets a lotta airplay on black radio, maybe if LL's films did better, black radio would hate on him and not play his music either, I think it's all jealousy, they don't wanna see black peeps succeed.

:ditto: Man this all is really weird... :mad8:

i dont really listen to black radio, let alone any radio at all.

:werd: I actually listen to oldies radio more if I turn on the radio, that's the only station with good music these days. :speechless: