JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a hater of the highest order!

uhm.. even tough the guy says it in a "funny" hyperbolic way, he does have SOME points there :P don't excpect everyone to care about the things you care about .

Are you talking about the reviewer... because he doesn't seem to have any good points whatsoever. Perhaps you can recount a few of his "points."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well for starters, he does sound like eminem sometimes. And he does flow like some other people as well. We could all act like he doesn’t but lets just be adults here and accept the truth. I mean there is a reason everyone is saying it, that reason being that it is true.

And you can all go on and say you think he doesn't sound like other people, because I can't check what you hear, but I know what I hear, and apperently alot of other people do to.

Well for starters, he does sound like eminem sometimes. And he does flow like some other people as well. We could all act like he doesn’t but lets just be adults here and accept the truth. I mean there is a reason everyone is saying it, that reason being that it is true.

And you can all go on and say you think he doesn't sound like other people, because I can't check what you hear, but I know what I hear, and apperently alot of other people do to.

Well the reviewer's point is not simply that Will sounds like other people. If that were the point he was trying to make, that would be fine. His point is that Will is trying to steal the way other rappers flow and that in the process, the music he's created is horrible. That's a far more serious accusation and assesment of Will's performance than just saying that Will sounds like another rapper, wouldn't you agree? Rappers switch their flow up all the time depending on the beat they're flowing over. Mr. Niceguy certainly has a more aggressive beat, so name someone who sounds aggresive and Will will probably sound like that person at some point during the track. Party Starter is obviously a Ludacris-like track. I would assume anyone would sound like Luda over that beat and rhyming with the intensity that Will was rhyming. If Will came at Party Starter with the same flow he came with on Loretta, the track wouldn't be as good as it is. Now if you were to switch up the beat to something different, do you really think he'd still sound like Luda on Party Starter? The ability to switch up your flow shows skill and creativity on the emcee's part. When done, you'll undoubtedly sound like another rapper at some point, but that doesn't mean that you're stealing their flow or their style. That's a bit harsh by all accounts.

What's funny is that some point or other in Lost and Found, Will seems to sound like everyone's favorite rapper, often while rhyming the same lyrics. It seems that people are searching for a reason not to like tracks. Who does Will sound like on Tell Me Why? Who does he sound like on Wave 'em Off? I'm sure if you serach hard enough, you can find someone he sounds like. Doesn't mean he's stealing their flow and that's the point the reviewer was implying. A point that is baseless.

Edited by MaxFly

Will is a pioneer of HipHop if there is any biting it was from them. they were biting off of Will :angel:

• Members

Well Angel Armor, that isnt true, because Will doesn't flow like he flowed back in the 80's.(ofcourse he doesn't if he still did that nobody would want to listen to his music at all.)

And the thing is, Wills flow is verry versitile on this album, it changes all the time, and I think thats cool. But sometimes its just seriously flowing like another person. And that doesn't have to do with ONLY the beat; In the lines: "its the groovaside bomber....." he sounds excacly like Ludacris, while in other parts on the same beat he doesnt.

And Max, I don't think you should take the guy to serious, he just isn't a Will Smith fan and ofcourse he isnt going to watch our feelings, he just over exageratesa little, to make a stronger point. And even if he doesn't....Who cares, its not like hes messing with Wills god given right to be liked by everyone.

And anyway

PEOPLE WILL BE CLAPIN EVEN IF THE RAPPING IS WACK

WHAT HAPPEND? WHEN DID WE GET HAPPY WITH THAT?

HES OLD FASHIOND?

Yea.... but lets be happy he's back.

(omg I didnt mean anyuthing by quoting tthose lines but they are just sooo dope)

And Max, I don't think you should take the guy to serious, he just isn't a Will Smith fan and ofcourse he isnt going to watch our feelings, he just over exageratesa little, to make a stronger point. And even if he doesn't....Who cares, its not like hes messing with Wills god given right to be liked by everyone.

Lol, hey... you said the reviewer made a point or 2. Just had to clarify that he really didn't. And really, in the scheme of things, it wouldn't matter what this reviewer said even if he wrote a good review of the album. As long as Will is at peace with himself and the fans are feeling the album for the most part, it's all good.

We just don't like to see unadulterated hating, especially when it's not supported by facts... and when it's exaggerated to the point where someone who doesn't know that you're exaggerating would take you seriously.

Well the reviewer's point is not simply that Will sounds like other people. If that were the point he was trying to make, that would be fine. His point is that Will is trying to steal the way other rappers flow and that in the process, the music he's created is horrible. That's a far more serious accusation and assesment of Will's performance than just saying that Will sounds like another rapper, wouldn't you agree? Rappers switch their flow up all the time depending on the beat they're flowing over. Mr. Niceguy certainly has a more aggressive beat, so name someone who sounds aggresive and Will will probably sound like that person at some point during the track. Party Starter is obviously a Ludacris-like track. I would assume anyone would sound like Luda over that beat and rhyming with the intensity that Will was rhyming. If Will came at Party Starter with the same flow he came with on Loretta, the track wouldn't be as good as it is. Now if you were to switch up the beat to something different, do you really think he'd still sound like Luda on Party Starter? The ability to switch up your flow shows skill and creativity on the emcee's part. When done, you'll undoubtedly sound like another rapper at some point, but that doesn't mean that you're stealing their flow or their style. That's a bit harsh by all accounts.

What's funny is that some point or other in Lost and Found, Will seems to sound like everyone's favorite rapper, often while rhyming the same lyrics. It seems that people are searching for a reason not to like tracks. Who does Will sound like on Tell Me Why? Who does he sound like on Wave 'em Off? I'm sure if you serach hard enough, you can find someone he sounds like. Doesn't mean he's stealing their flow and that's the point the reviewer was implying. A point that is baseless.

Well, nice said there! :thumb:

• Members

Well for starters, he does sound like eminem sometimes.

And wouldn't you say Eminem also sometimes sounded like Will in Slim Shady LP? Tracks like 'My Fault', 'Brain Damage' and 'Guilty Conscience' sounded like an R-rated version of the Fresh Prince. The story telling flow is exact Will style. So I guess there isn't anything wrong with it. Probably they take inspiration from other rappers styles. Nobody can continue the same style for years and years, right? :thumb:

Well for starters, he does sound like eminem sometimes.

And wouldn't you say Eminem also sometimes sounded like Will in Slim Shady LP? Tracks like 'My Fault', 'Brain Damage' and 'Guilty Conscience' sounded like an R-rated version of the Fresh Prince. The story telling flow is exact Will style. So I guess there isn't anything wrong with it. Probably they take inspiration from other rappers styles. Nobody can continue the same style for years and years, right? :thumb:

Yepp that's right and very normal to me! :switch:

I got an email today from someone working at the website. They wanna publish my reply to the guy's review. So at least they get to see another side of this.

God Blessa!

good work man! i guess that website hates that guy too! :hilarious:

• Admin

I got an email today from someone working at the website. They wanna publish my reply to the guy's review. So at least they get to see another side of this.

God Blessa!

haha awesome :ridepony: