JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

a hater of the highest order!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cussing: :cussing: GO BACK WHERE U ARE COMING FROM U MOTHERFU**ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sh** gotta stop now, it really gets on my nerves, every second stupid guy in da world offends Will and talk bullsh** about him, man just shut the hell up y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blabla:

Sry but that gotta be said... sry y'all... :nono:

The Village Voice huh... More like the village idiot. There's nothing new this fool has said that I haven't heard and that I haven't rebuffed. Again, seems like this one is against Will Smith... not just Lost and Found... a quintessential hater... and it would be a complete waste of my time to take this random piece of foolishness apart piece by piece... So I'll simple respond with these lyrics...

Ya'll hate, I retaliate just by being great

Big Will, the enemy of your mental state

End. Of. Discussion.

I can't get upset about these types of things like some people here do-- lmao EStyleGreesy-- BUT that is a pretty ridiculous article. :toetap:

Especially when there are more important things taking place in the world. I mean... the Celtics are playing game 7 tonight. Got other things on my mind.

I can't get upset about these types of things like some people here do-- lmao EStyleGreesy-- BUT that is a pretty ridiculous article.  :toetap:

Especially when there are more important things taking place in the world. I mean... the Celtics are playing game 7 tonight. Got other things on my mind.

Exactly! Gotta keep it all in perspective :ridepony:

I sent the editor an e-mail. If anyone else dose the same, don't bother if u plan on coming off as a hystarical, immature fan. Here's the e-mail i sent.

---

I just wanted to comment on your review of Will Smith's new album Lost + Found. First off, let me say that The Village Voice has tons of Hip-Hop credibility (sarcasm intended). Forget The Source, i'm going to read The Voice Village when it comes to getting my Hip-Hop fix. And Greg Tate (the most non-Hip-Hop name ever) looks like the perfect person to review the album (more sarcasm intended). The fact that the review came out over a month after the album dropped dosen't help either.

I just wanted to say that i'm very disappointed that this magazine would praise all the over-processed commerical rap. Yet, when an album comes out that breaks the mold, it's shot down. Respectful, positive, insightful lyrics, and proper production for a Hip-Hop album were totally overlooked in you review of this album. When you have people review Hip-Hop albums, you probably shouldn't have thugged out, 13 year old white kids from Wyoming reviewing them.

Peace.

I sent the editor an e-mail. If anyone else dose the same, don't bother if u plan on coming off as a hystarical, immature fan. Here's the e-mail i sent.

---

I just wanted to comment on your review of Will Smith's new album Lost + Found. First off, let me say that The Village Voice has tons of Hip-Hop credibility (sarcasm intended). Forget The Source, i'm going to read The Voice Village when it comes to getting my Hip-Hop fix. And Greg Tate (the most non-Hip-Hop name ever) looks like the perfect person to review the album (more sarcasm intended). The fact that the review came out over a month after the album dropped dosen't help either.

I just wanted to say that i'm very disappointed that this magazine would praise all the over-processed commerical rap. Yet, when an album comes out that breaks the mold, it's shot down. Respectful, positive, insightful lyrics, and proper production for a Hip-Hop album were totally overlooked in you review of this album. When you have people review Hip-Hop albums, you probably shouldn't have thugged out, 13 year old white kids from Wyoming reviewing them.

Peace.

Thugged out 13 year old white kids from Wyoming indeed. :hilarious:

It would have stung more if you said Idaho... but Wyoming was good... :kekeke:

With all due respect, AJ - you're clearly one of the "big guns" on this board - I'm not all that thrilled with your letter. Cut out the ridiculous bookends-- "Greg Tate (the most hip hop name ever)" and the "thugged out 13 year old white kid" comment-- and you might've had a decent point. But think before you write, man! If I were that guy, I would completely dismiss your points b/c of that ignorance you spewed out there. I know it's meant as comedy to some extent, but for my tastes, I'm not feelin it.

Also, just got back from havin lunch and wanted to check out that comment about loving the over-commercialized rap... I found Tate's review of Game's album, and he absolutely hated it, and writes his whole review from the angle of how terrible that brand of music is. So don't throw somethin out there w.out checkin sources! I'm an aspiring journalist, and that's rule #1A.

I just wrote a letter to the editor, here it is:

-------

Greg Tate recently wrote (or rather, gave us vomit in written form) his "review" of the album Lost and Found by Will Smith.

Tate took his preconceived notions Smith and just rambled four paragraphs of ignorant (and unfounded) hate. Not only is the horribly written and unproffessional, it's innacurate. "Sounds like borderline sexual harassment." What? Please do not tell me that he got paid to write this. Did Tate think he was being funny talking to himself and making unrespondable cracks at Smith?

He spends more than half of the second paragraph ranting about Smith's movies and his songs from the 80's and 90's. He gives the vibe that Smith isn't being the black man he should, all the while Tate himself is being the envious guy on the road to nowhere.

To end this, it was embarrassing to read. How some things warrant the click of that upload button is beyond me. Enjoy your mess of a site, I won't.

--------

God Blessa!