JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tell Me Why lyrics

The lyrics here and on the insert at the ws.com page have this lyric:

"His palms to God, seeds and qualms with God"

I always thought it was:

"His palms to God, seeds of qualms with God"

(of instead of and)

The second version makes more sense to me, the violence in the world is causing his son to start to be upset with God.

Anyone else thinking this?

Yeah, "of" definately makes more sense. And like Jonny says, it sounds like he's sayin "a", and that's how you say "of" when you're talkin fast. "Book of Job" = "Booka Job." (it's the only example I could think of).

Edited by scyhigh99

kinda sounds like 'seeds a qualms with god', I think he's more likely to be saying 'of' because as you say it makes more sense. I've noticed a few mistakes on the official Lyric Book.

Unfortunately there are many, many mistakes, the most mistakes are in the official book! Really, even we all did a better job and got the lyrics with less mistakes! There are many mistakes in the official one... :werd:

unfortunately, i can't share u guy's opinion. the official lyric book was way better than some of the lyrics put up on this board, and that's just cuz some of u guys don't speak english as a first language so i'm not knockin' u at all. i actually thought the official lyric booklet was about 98%, and yes, i did read all of the lyrics to every song!