JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Really ugly!

bcoz if he didnt censore it he woulda bin an liar in loads of songs sayin he doesnt curse

this one he does but he cuts it out, he likes music that his children can listenin 2 safely...

i think its good like it is, Will is like getting mad in the song and so the best way to show is anger towards the messed up things that happen is to drop the F bomb. They of course had to censer it coz its Will, i think if it just would have cut the word out it wouldnt have given as good an effect as a huge beep. I think the beep just makes it really obvious what Will said and why that word had to be in there.

he likes music that his children can listenin 2 safely...

Don't mean to nitpick, but this is the type of thing that gets to me... Are children any "safer" by hearing a beep instead of a curse in a song, when they know full well what the beep represents? Will their faces explode or sumthing if they actually hear the combination of the f, soft u, and k sounds spoken out loud? :shaketheroom:

Edited by scyhigh99

nah coz kids like to imitate whats been said. I used to go around when i was little singing "lets talk about sex" and i thought i was really naughty for doing it, but i also thought it was great. If they hear Will say it then they will sing along and think its ok to say it, whereas if they hear a beep they know its wrong.

nah coz kids like to imitate whats been said.  I used to go around when i was little singing "lets talk about sex" and i thought i was really naughty for doing it, but i also thought it was great. If they hear Will say it then they will sing along and think its ok to say it, whereas if they hear a beep they know its wrong.

Interestingggggggg take... but I would just say that I don't think swearing is "wrong," per say, but it is obviously impolite to be droppin F-bombs everywhere in conversation and whatnot. BUT if kids know exactly what's there behind the beep, and I dunno, I never thought of the beep as meaning it was wrong when I was a kid (just that they couldn't say it on the radio), so.... I dunno. And if it's supposedly "wrong," just don't say it in your song! Or just edit it Gwen-Stefani-style: This *silence* is BANANAS! Bee-Aye-Enn-Aye-Enn-Aye-Ess! Soooooooooooooo.... eeeeeeeeeeexactly.

(FACT: this post was a complete excuse to quote "Hollaback Girl" :ridepony: )

Edited by scyhigh99

i agree! the word could have simply been edited completely out like "why the ... cant love seem to beat hate" or it could have been reversed: "why the kcuf can't love seem to defeat hate" and both of those would have sounded way better than that annoying bleep tone. even those stupid sounds of breaking glass or other things used in edited 2day would sound better. the bleep just kills me! it's alright tho cuz i still love the track as much!

Yeah, the bleep is rediculous. I think i voiced my opinion on this when the album 1st came out. The song is intense, and the bleep comes where the lryics and the beat get really intense...then u hear the bleep and it takes u from nearly shedding a tear 2 laughing. I think the song would have been better if they would have taken the word out "Don't Say Nothin'" style.

Yeh the beep is abit too extreme, No sound at all would have been better. We'll see what happens when the single gets released.

Yeah, the bleep is rediculous. I think i voiced my opinion on this when the album 1st came out. The song is intense, and the bleep comes where the lryics and the beat get really intense...then u hear the bleep and it takes u from nearly shedding a tear 2 laughing. I think the song would have been better if they would have taken the word out "Don't Say Nothin'" style.

:werd:

definately, it just distracts you from the song too much.

Yes, that's what I mean... I hope he gon' cut the beep tone out when he releases his video of Tell Me Why! :speechless: