JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Chosen One

Who says it's forbidden? You can do that if you would like to! We just don't want these rare tracks and x-clusive tracks to posted here where everyone, including people who aren't even a member of this board, can download the songs!

Don`t worry!

I know wht you mean and i understand/respekt that!

I was just wondering..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf is a Potna?

as u'll notice, under each person's name there's a title! u happen 2 be a Real Member. there are lots of different titles. Real Members are just regular people who post on the board. Potnas are people who have proven themselves 2 be honest, trustworthy, and most of all, huge JJFP fans. people who have just joined in past months perhaps havent yet established trust in Tim's eyes. in order 2 be a potna, u gotta stick around for a while. Potnas have they're own board that only they can see.

one easy way 2 become a Potna right now is take a pic of ur JJFP collection and show it 2 Tim. if u have all of the JJFP albums (besides Rock The House) he will probably let u become a potna. if u don't have all the albums or dont have a digital camera, don't worry cuz if u keep stickin around this board and earn a good reputation u'll get what u deserve! :wiggle:

hahaha, so we gota "prove ourselves 2 be honest and trustworthy" by showing you our jjfp cds? LOL! I like this board but sometimes I do find somethings people say nd do a bit hard to take.

i'd be more cautious bcoz when switch came out it was played in the Uk first. A few people worked really hard to put the video up and get a good quality audio version. Now the Uk ers could have been mean and kept it all for oursleves and not out the video up. But no we shared it and Tim even made it available for any1 to download whoever posted once.

So there were loads of people that posted once and took the song like scavengers, then the song and video turned up on other peoples sites even tho it was people from here that put it up. It got out of hand and since Will says clearly in the song dont download it, Tim took it down.

Its all very nice sharing things with fans but some people just take stuff and leave, i know u guys wont do that coz u post here, but when stuff is so easily available, the vultures come and take without a thank u.

i'd be more cautious bcoz when switch came out it was played in the Uk first. A few people worked really hard to put the video up and get a good quality audio version. Now the Uk ers could have been mean and kept it all for oursleves and not out the video up. But no we shared it and Tim even made it available for any1 to download whoever posted once.

So there were loads of people that posted once and took the song like scavengers, then the song and video turned up on other peoples sites even tho it was people from here that put it up. It got out of hand and since Will says clearly in the song dont download it, Tim took it down.

Its all very nice sharing things with fans but some people just take stuff and leave, i know u guys wont do that coz u post here, but when stuff is so easily available, the vultures come and take without a thank u.

aarrrgg! this brings back the whole "Switch whores" thing! :lolsign:

but seriously, if everything was made available to everyone there would be no end to it, last time Switch was on Limewire in a matter of hours. :shakehead:

aarrrgg! this brings back the whole "Switch whores" thing! :lolsign:

but seriously, if everything was made available to everyone there would be no end to it, last time Switch was on Limewire in a matter of hours. :shakehead:

how about you change to a potnas after so many posts? there is alot of real members in here that i would probably trust more then a few potnas.

Wtf is a Potna?

as u'll notice, under each person's name there's a title! u happen 2 be a Real Member. there are lots of different titles. Real Members are just regular people who post on the board. Potnas are people who have proven themselves 2 be honest, trustworthy, and most of all, huge JJFP fans. people who have just joined in past months perhaps havent yet established trust in Tim's eyes. in order 2 be a potna, u gotta stick around for a while. Potnas have they're own board that only they can see.

one easy way 2 become a Potna right now is take a pic of ur JJFP collection and show it 2 Tim. if u have all of the JJFP albums (besides Rock The House) he will probably let u become a potna. if u don't have all the albums or dont have a digital camera, don't worry cuz if u keep stickin around this board and earn a good reputation u'll get what u deserve! :wiggle:

hahaha, so we gota "prove ourselves 2 be honest and trustworthy" by showing you our jjfp cds? LOL! I like this board but sometimes I do find somethings people say nd do a bit hard to take.

naw u got it mixed up

provin urself means u stick around on this board, participate in it frequently, follow the rules, stuff like that. that's how u gain Tim's trust. that's one way 2 be a potna, but that takes a while

the other way, which is quick, is 2 show tim (not me) u are a JJFP fan by postin a pic of ur JJFP collection.

i know u guys are all JJFP fans. but Joe, why should u be allowed 2 download the super rare stuff if u don't even have the albums which are easy enough to find?

Because ive been here since the old sony board. I may have a few posts. nearly 800. But i have been here for a long time. and so what if i dont have there old stuff. I have there new. I am supporting them today. Its not like me going out and buying the Albums is going to support Lost and Found now isit. No!

ok, what if you have all of Will Smith's album's and his movies (made in america, six degrees, where the day takes you and bagger vance)? is that enough to show your a fan? I was planin on buying the rest of his dvd's and the jjfp albums, but since uni started, kinda strapped for cash...