JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

looks like Willl is gettin back into films

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrible news, Will is never gonna get enough hip-hop cred if he never does a proper tour, he needs to do a tour with Jazzy Jeff and do a JJFP album before going back into films! :mad8:

i agree. man i dont give a f*** about his flicks...i want more and more music. If he was really focused on rapping then he'd be off the whole year. this is such crap.

I'd just like him to do music for the next year or two. Drop another album...

God Blessa!

That's a bit much if you mean nonstop. That means 2 or three years without a new movie...

Will can still record inbetween films... perhaps even inbetween shooting... I'm content with that.

God Blessa!

That's a bit much if you mean nonstop. That means 2 or three years without a new movie...

Will can still record inbetween films... perhaps even inbetween shooting... I'm content with that.

But to what expense? I want Will at his best! Not when he can fit it in!

God Blessa!

If Will just does rap as a side project to movies, he might start releasing some wack s***, he needs to put full focus into his albums or else should just consider retiring now on top, but that'd be depressing to see him do movies and never rap again. He should try to get his Overbrook label more established too than what it is, he gotta sign some more mcs, producers, etc. with some new talent to carry the legacy on too, he shouldn't abandon hip-hop forever!

I'm glad he's going back to movies. He could be one of this generation's great actors if he wanted to. He can do action and comedy no problem, but also when he wants to he can be a great serious actor. He could have huge commercial hits like "Hitch" followed by award-caliaber films like "Ali". There's very few people that can do that. Let's face it, he's never gonna be what he was in rap. The majority of people don't prefer his rap style anymore. Also, a Will Smith tour would have trouble selling tickets. Not enough people would go to just see him. That's why he does a concert here and there with multiple performers. Plus, Will's got an ego. I'm not dissing him, but any famous person does, and he didn't reach his level of fame by being a rapper. Movies got him to the A+ list, he needs to keep making them if he wants to stay on top.

Edited by Radewart

God Blessa!

If Will just does rap as a side project to movies, he might start releasing some wack s***, he needs to put full focus into his albums or else should just consider retiring now on top, but that'd be depressing to see him do movies and never rap again. He should try to get his Overbrook label more established too than what it is, he gotta sign some more mcs, producers, etc. with some new talent to carry the legacy on too, he shouldn't abandon hip-hop forever!

I don't think Will will be abandoning hip hop anytime soon.

About him possibly releasing wack music if he starts doing films again. That has no real basis. Look at Lost and Found. Will didn't have to take a year off to focus on the album. Even while working on other projects, he was in his music, focusing, writing lyrics for Lost and Found, even while he had I, Robot and Hitch in the works. Look how well Lost and Found turned out.

Edited by MaxFly

I don't think Will will be abandoning hip hop anytime soon.

About him possibly releasing wack music if he starts doing films again. That has no real basis. Look at Lost and Found. Will didn't have to take a year off to focus on the album. Even while working on other projects, he was in his music, focusing, writing lyrics for Lost and Found, even while he had I, Robot and Hitch in the works. Look how well Lost and Found turned out.

Edited by bigted

can't u read man?? I put the source up...

Opps!

I gotta admit, i liked 3 totally different movies from FP coming out just months apart...but he needs 2 milk this album 4 all he can. We've been waiting 4 it 4ever...he can't just abandon it.

• Admin

I'm glad he's going back to movies. He could be one of this generation's great actors if he wanted to. He can do action and comedy no problem, but also when he wants to he can be a great serious actor. He could have huge commercial hits like "Hitch" followed by award-caliaber films like "Ali". There's very few people that can do that. Let's face it, he's never gonna be what he was in rap. The majority of people don't prefer his rap style anymore. Also, a Will Smith tour would have trouble selling tickets. Not enough people would go to just see him. That's why he does a concert here and there with multiple performers. Plus, Will's got an ego. I'm not dissing him, but any famous person does, and he didn't reach his level of fame by being a rapper. Movies got him to the A+ list, he needs to keep making them if he wants to stay on top.

I dont think Will is ever gonna be one of the generations great actors..because even in his best performances Six degrees of Seperation and Ali, Will didnt act in those roles..he actually became those people, because thats the only way he could do it, a truly brilliant actor is able to switch on for the role and then switch off.. Of course I completely disagree with you about Wills music..Switch is a hit all over the world, Will could do a sold out tour very easily.. Will is an emcee at the very core and he will always be, thats what he loves doing the most, thats what hes most excited about.. I'm dissappointed the movie starts in August..Will wanted to spend the next 6-8 months on music which would take it from march to September/November, August still leaves him time to do a tour in June July tho.. also Will doesnt need to keep making movies to stay on top, his last 5 films have all been huge box office hits.. he can do whatever he wants at this point

I wouldn't mind if he made movies every 3 years and put out an album every year for as long as he wants to entertain.

I feel what you're saying. I can agree with you in that I wish Will would be a little more into his music from here on out, as equally as he is with the films at least. I can feel that.

But...

Only one movie every three years is a bit extreme. You're talking about three movies a decade. Most top box office draws put out one or sometimes two movies a year. Will, outside of Tom Cruise is pretty much the biggest box office draw in Hollywood right now. He would be remiss, just from a professional standpoint, to give that up right now.

You are also looking at this from a music perspective, but I'm sure there are many of his movie fans who would be devastated if he were to suddenly start doing movies infrequently.

To appease everyone, I'd rather see something like two movies for every album. That would be an album about every year and a half.

I also still maintain that I don't think Will is abandoning his music or this album by going back into movies. At this point, we really don't know what plans he's making for the release of future singles from this album or a future albums. We'll have to wait and see how he balances out the acting and the rapping.

Come on, let's be realistic.

Forget a world tour, maybe a u.s tour and a short european.

Like 7-8 places in the u.s and 5-6 in europe. Don't forget it's just not setting up shows, people got to book him and he probably cost alot. I mean... kanye west was in sweden, he took 80.000$. Will would probably take more then 150.000$.

And to make money of a gig like that..in needs to be in stadiums and huge concert halls.. It's not certain Will would fill a 18.000 icestadium in Paris or Madrid. I believe he could in the U.K. But I think he will be doing shows at venue with the capacity of 1000-4000 people.

And nooo...swtich isn't a huuuuge hit all over the world. a huge hit is candyshop, i don't care if he outsold candyshop, cuz switch didn't make the same impact as candyshop did.

Candyshop is a hit in EVERY country in the world. The probably bump that piece of crap in Nigeria.

Switch is a HIT in at most 6-7 countrys.

please, people on the board should stop the wishful thinking and start to be realistic and y'all won't be let down at the ending. Cuz it is business.