JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MUST RELEASE "WHY" NOW!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultimate scenario:

Will releases Tell Me Why to radio at the end of this month. Video and Single released in the beginning of June. Tell me why get's huge and goes to the top.5 in almost every country in the world. Lost and found keeps and weekly sale around 40-50k. Then part ystarter is released by the end of the summer, get's huge too, everybody's bumping it in the club. Sales go around 30k a week. and then, Will get nominated for awards at MTV, Vh1, grammys and so on, he performs at awards shows like that. Sales keep up around 30k. That would be: 30k a week rest of the year= approximately: 950.000. that would mean it going platinum.

Worst scenario:

Tell me why is released in august, lost and found isn't hot anymore, sales doesn't boost, but they do keep up around 10k a week. third single is released way too late and maybe even a bad song. No hit, sales go down to like 5-9k a week, until the album is forgotten by the end of the fall. Means album won't even go gold.

We all hope the first scenario will happen!!! :toetap:

KNOWING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY PAH!

Often an album released so soon after one single doesn't automatically sell well and stay selling well. Lost & Found has done alrite off the back of one single. Tell Me Why will come in time and be a big hit, opting for stores to stcik L&F back in the New Release section and the album will start selling like its just come out all over again.

KNOWING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY PAH!

Often an album released so soon after one single doesn't automatically sell well and stay selling well. Lost & Found has done alrite off the back of one single. Tell Me Why will come in time and be a big hit, opting for stores to stcik L&F back in the New Release section and the album will start selling like its just come out all over again.

Yeah I hope so... :afro: