Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MUST RELEASE "WHY" NOW!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^True

Here's how I would like to see it:

"Tell Me Why" could be released now, and could hopefully last on the charts throughout the whole summer. Then, when August comes around, release "Party Starter." Let that reign on the charts and then release "Pump Ya Brakes" when PS starts to fall. I think if Will does that he'll surely find success.

guys keep in mind- there are people that sit around all day in suits who study music trends and have been in the niz for decades- most of the time they are right..give will, overbrook, and interscope a lil credit- they know what theyre doing

:werd: Yeah, I gotta say, I don't know when every1 around here became experts on the business side of the music industry... BUT for the sake of conversation, my opinion is that I'd like Tell Me Why to hit ASAP. First of all, I never liked Switch too much in the first place, but also, by all indications I look at (radio play, general buzz and talk... I don't study charts or anything), Switch was a modestly successful track that's falling pretty fast at this point. :night: Bring on the new material! :jeffspeeditup:

Edited by scyhigh99

All the wackest s*** right now are the ones that're sellin', the best single in hip-hop this year has been Nas' "Just A Moment" but it didn't even hit the top 40, Will ain't gonna sell 5 million unless he has a video with rims, girls in thongs, champange bottles, and throwback jerseys, all these chart rappers are lost, f the charts, this album's doing very well if u ask me, Will's gettin' a lot of props for it, would you rather have him put out some corny s*** that sells 10 million and have every hip-hop head diss him or do you want him to put out music that matters that doesn't sell much? The album is far from a failure if u ask me, even if it falls off the charts now. :poke:

No one should be saying that it's failure. I enjoy it too much for that. But for the very sake of hip hop, I do want it to do well. I'm not expecting it to outsell 50 or Game, but this album still has the potential to do very well regardless. There are too many possible hot tracks and potential hot singles for this album to be dropping so quickly. Also, the faster sales drop, the lower the chance of future videos being made. I don't think anyone wants that. I'm not talking about the apocalypse here. This isn't the be all and end all, but we are approaching a critical period for album sales. We don't want Lost and Found to drop out of the top 20.

No one should be saying that it's failure. I enjoy it too much for that. But for the very sake of hip hop, I do want it to do well...

:werd: My thoughts exactly, if this album doesn't do well sales wise, commercial hip-hop'll remain wack, I'm hoping for the best, the essence of hip-hop is dying, somebody has to save it!

Since the album waz done the way it waz, it dose need 2 sell. If he did the album on a low-kep tip, i wouldn't care about it's sales at all...but things need 2 pick up. He better not pull a Born To Reign. "Black Suits Comin'" waz a movie/soundtrack song and they used it 4 the 1st single!! That waz awful. And then, after the album had absolutely no hype behind it 4 a long time, he drops "1,000 Kisses"....it just didn't make sense. Willennium is the only album he's done where the videos came out one after the other.

Since the album waz done the way it waz, it dose need 2 sell. If he did the album on a low-kep tip, i wouldn't care about it's sales at all...but things need 2 pick up. He better not pull a Born To Reign. "Black Suits Comin'" waz a movie/soundtrack song and they used it 4 the 1st single!! That waz awful. And then, after the album had absolutely no hype behind it 4 a long time, he drops "1,000 Kisses"....it just didn't make sense. Willennium is the only album he's done where the videos came out one after the other.

Lol, and we really really don't want a Born To Reign situation with the releases.

• Admin

yeah having seen lost and founds sales this week..tell me why definitely needs to be released soon..the fact that they havent even filmed a video for it isnt a good sign though... tell me why is gonna be critical to lost and founds success..if it goes to #1 lost and found will be huge..if it doesnt make an impact sales will stall or drop off completely..also when that video is released we gotta make sure we get it on TRL and BET .. personally i want the album to go gold, just to ensure will of releasin a new album in another year or two

All the wackest s*** right now are the ones that're sellin', the best single in hip-hop this year has been Nas' "Just A Moment" but it didn't even hit the top 40, Will ain't gonna sell 5 million unless he has a video with rims, girls in thongs, champange bottles, and throwback jerseys, all these chart rappers are lost, f the charts, this album's doing very well if u ask me, Will's gettin' a lot of props for it, would you rather have him put out some corny s*** that sells 10 million and have every hip-hop head diss him or do you want him to put out music that matters that doesn't sell much? The album is far from a failure if u ask me, even if it falls off the charts now. :poke:

You sir, seriously need a clue. You're downgrading the audience, because not every video out has throwback jerseys, champagne, etc. A Good video is a good video, period - stop tryin to be a hip hop purist, and enjoy music no matter who puts it out.

You sir, seriously need a clue. You're downgrading the audience, because not every video out has throwback jerseys, champagne, etc. A Good video is a good video, period - stop tryin to be a hip hop purist, and enjoy music no matter who puts it out.

• Members

Hey I didn't say every video has throwback jerseys, etc., I said most of them do, I'm just quoting Will's song there, they're ain't too many creative videos anymore and if Will fades from the mainstream I might not ever watch emptv ever again 'cause I'm sick of the bulls***, hip-hop is dead right now, you're too blind to see it, stop watching so much emptv and listen to some real hip-hop for once.

Bigted, I know that you so badly want the past to come back. But reality is, it's never going to come back. What we have now is just a different flavour of hip-hop. Agreed that 90's rap was amazing and nothing can ever replace it. But then some of the present artists are also in their own individual way trying their best. Nobody is blind or anything if they see the present hip-hop and find it enjoyable. It's just that people have different tastes in rap.

Rap/hip-hop is not limited to only a certain artists, but it is a wide spectrum of different varieties of talents. So real hip-hop doesn't mean it only includes KRS 1, Rakim, etc. but it can also include 50 Cent, Eminem, etc. There is nothing wrong with it. You need not be a fan or anything of the current hip-hoppers, but maybe you should try and include some of the other artists too in the hip-hop world. Don't you think? :thumb: