JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MUST RELEASE "WHY" NOW!

Guys i sed this all along, MILK SWITCH. Its doing very well and album sales are consistant because of it. Tell Me Why whenever its released will beef up album sales, but i can't see any loss of sales at all dues to a later release date.

The vid will hit sometime in June and thats fine cos its only a month away and Switch will still be somewhere in the charts then anyway.

Chill guys, Lost & Found has a bright future with so many possible great singles to be released, we want it to stick around for a while so lets apprecite the spread out time of the single releases

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mark my words.. swtich will be out of the top 30 in the next two weeks.

I would like Tell Me Why to come out as soon as possible. As I've said over and over again, the earlier Tell Me Why comes out, the earlier Party Starter comes out for the summer. Switch is doing well... wonderful. I don't think the release of Tell Me Why will radically affect the success of Switch. They are very different songs, different feels, different messages. It would be different if we were talking about Party Starter coming out next. A new Party song would have adverse effects on Switch... but I strongly believe that Switch and Tell Me Why can coexist on the charts for how ever long... I don't think we have to follow convention and wait until Switch starts to drop quickly. I think with the release of Tell Me Why, people will be saying, wow, Will is doing a lot of things on this album, not just party tracks... sooner better than later is what I say.

I would like Tell Me Why to come out as soon as possible. As I've said over and over again, the earlier Tell Me Why comes out, the earlier Party Starter comes out for the summer. Switch is doing well... wonderful. I don't think the release of Tell Me Why will radically affect the success of Switch. They are very different songs, different feels, different messages. It would be different if we were talking about Party Starter coming out next. A new Party song would have adverse effects on Switch... but I strongly believe that Switch and Tell Me Why can coexist on the charts for how ever long... I don't think we have to follow convention and wait until Switch starts to drop quickly. I think with the release of Tell Me Why, people will be saying, wow, Will is doing a lot of things on this album, not just party tracks... sooner better than later is what I say.

:werd: I think you are right on this one Max!

I don't that there will be a Tell Me Why single or video before June. And someone said they have to release it soon, so Party Starter can be a summer hit. I DON'T THINK SO. Even if Interscope releases Tell Me Why now, in May, Party Starter will be at the end of August or September when the summer is finishining - so no summer hit. But what I would like - having a double A side single like they did with "girls ain't nothing but trouble '88 / brand new funk". they should release tell me why and party starter (or if u can't dance or pump ya brakes) on the same disc. My opinion...

I had this same discussion with Hero, for those of you that think Switch is doing well, wake up. Switch is the weakest track on the album, and is not being well accepted by the general buying audiences - if any of you knew the music industry as well as I do, then you'd know that the album is in a decline because of the lack of a better single out. If "Tell Me Why" or "Party Starter"(Which is circiling like 4 mixtapes right now), was released, then we'd back on track - As important as international sales are, Will's selling audience is stationed in the US, and here in the US? Switch has run its course, and if a new single is not dropped soon - be it the Switch (Remix) with ELephant Man, Party Starter or Tell Me Why, and I mean soon, not June, because by that time, the album will be forgotten and sales will decline like nothin.

Edited by KBlakk05

I had this same discussion with Hero, for those of you that think Switch is doing well, wake up. Switch is the weakest track on the album, and is not being well accepted by the general buying audiences - if any of you knew the music industry as well as I do, then you'd know that the album is in a decline because of the lack of a better single out. If "Tell Me Why" or "Party Starter"(Which is circiling like 4 mixtapes right now), was released, then we'd back on track - As important as international sales are, Will's selling audience is stationed in the US, and here in the US? Switch has run its course, and if a new single is not dropped soon - be it the Switch (Remix) with ELephant Man, Party Starter or Tell Me Why, and I mean soon, not June, because by that time, the album will be forgotten and sales will decline like nothin.

Thank god for someone who understands me! I'm saying the exact same thing!

how can u say switch is not a success. i dont know what country ur from but in the UK (and it seems like australia and belgium) switch is a big hit. In the Uk, generally singles hit the chart at the highest position and then fall out of the top ten in a few weeks.

Switch has had less radio play than any other song in the UK chart and yet its up and down so much in the chart and has been in the top ten for 6 weeks which is very rare.

Maybe it is right to release tell me why in the USA, i dunno how your charts work, but over here artists practically never have a new song out while there old song is still in the top ten or even the top 40.

I dont get how releasing tell me why sooner will help lost and found, its not like ppl are gonna forget switch is off the same album. They will hear switch, think its a great song, then hear tell me why, think its greater and buy the album. thats my theory anyway.

Thank god for someone who understands me! I'm saying the exact same thing!

My sentiments exactly...

And even more... having Switch and Tell Me Why out at the same time will help the album more than having Tell Me Why come out after Switch drops into obscurity... The more people see Will on TV and hear him on the radio, the more publicity and advertising this will generate for Lost and Found. That's not to say Will should saturate the market with 4 or 5 songs like other artists, but while one song is on a downward trend which Switch is on as of this week (dropped 5 places on the billboard charts)... Will could have another song on an upward pace. Switch has also been dropping on iTunes. It's at number 7 now. I maintain that for the sake of Lost and Found... Will should release Tell Me Why soon. Swicth has been out for 2 and a half months. It's time to give it a companion on the charts.

how can u say switch is not a success. i dont know what country ur from but in the UK (and it seems like australia and belgium) switch is a big hit. In the Uk, generally singles hit the chart at the highest position and then fall out of the top ten in a few weeks.

Switch has had less radio play than any other song in the UK chart and yet its up and down so much in the chart and has been in the top ten for 6 weeks which is very rare.

Maybe it is right to release tell me why in the USA, i dunno how your charts work, but over here artists practically never have a new song out while there old song is still in the top ten or even the top 40.

I dont get how releasing tell me why sooner will help lost and found, its not like ppl are gonna forget switch is off the same album. They will hear switch, think its a great song, then hear tell me why, think its greater and buy the album. thats my theory anyway.

How much has Lost and Found climbed in the UK so far?

50 Cent has a good number of singles out and he's doing real well with his CD.

The Game has a good number of singles out and he's doing real well with his CD.

Now why shouldn't Will put out another single? Putting out another great single will only help his sales.

By the way, you people do make some great points on both sides of the argument.