JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will hangin out with 50 ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^no 10 tracks is not enough to judge Will. If all the tracks were like Miami and Gettin Jiggy With It, then most people would view Will the same way critics do. 10 songs out of a possible 60-100 songs doesn't cut it. If it's not good for the critics u guys blast for hatin on Will, it's not enough for you either. You are 50's critic. It's the same thing, and u sir, are being a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy is the act of pretending to have beliefs, virtues and feelings that one does not truly possess. The word derives from the late Latin hypocrisis and Greek hupokrisis both meaning play-acting or pretence.

Nobody is acting in here or pretending, if X says he doesnt like Y,

it has nothing to do with hypocrisy, but an opinion of taste.

I used to like in da club and PIMP, but I still never liked the guy,

I still don't hate him, nobody hates anyone, if you hate someone,

that means your jealous, or a HYPOCRITE.

That should clearify the essence of a hypocrite.

Most people who don't like will, are a hypocrite.

I don't like eminem, I don't like 50, I don't like a lot of singers,

but I will listen to their music

here's my POV

1) i find this story 2 be very wierd since Will has already dissed 50 sayin he had 2 put down his CD player after listenin 2 the first track of 50's new album "The Massacre", yet he gives 50 props on the album, so i dunno what the full story is here, but i find it hard to believe that Will said 50 is real since it doesnt go with Will's beliefs in hip-hop

2) MIMI: i would like 2 know how "He doesn't smoke or drink at all so his mind is clearer than u think". i, unlike others, have listened 2 a full 50 cent album and it was Get Rich or Die Tryin' and i'd like 2 know how u can make the comment that 50 doesnt smoke after a song like "High All The Time". i'd like 2 know where u came 2 that conclusion, because the message i get in some of his songs don't lead me 2 that same conclusion.

:ali:

i think i got this one though...

honestly, the logic behind hating 50 is all contradictions

Maybe for some, but that isn't true for everyone. There are a lot of people who are just tired of 50's subject matter. Even going beyond the music, there's the whole issue with the stiring up of beef... it's not good for hip hop. You can't go around dissing everyone and not expect a little criticism back. He's dissed a lot of people, including Will... I'll ask again... Is this what hip hop is all about? Sex, Violence, and dissing people?

Well maybe Will should start making songs about killin' women and gettin' high and still be real right? :nono: 50 Cent has to realise that most of the people that buy his albums are kids and put a better message in his music, I don't see him doing any powerful songs like "One Mic", "Tell Me Why", or "Dear Mama" to change the world. btw, I bought "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" and that's enough 50 Cent I wanna hear, it's been sittin' there collecting dust for the last year and a half, I don't have the time and money to listen to the one million rap songs that were made, I only pick what I choose to enjoy, I think 50 needs to grow up as a person and learn not to diss everyone, somebody like Will needs to take him to the side and explain that to him 'cause someone'll murder 50 Cent if he doesn't learn how to respect people.

btw, I bought "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" and that's enough 50 Cent I wanna hear

:ditto: Ted i bought get rich or die tryin cause some of my friends were into 50 at the time just to check out. i liked it on the first listen but it grew old real quick. i havent seen it in a couple months

Look at what Chuck D said in one of his recent terrordomes:

"I would let folks know that hip hop is in their personal state of mind and within their souls. You don't have to buy all the advertised gear to be hip hop. You don't have to purchase every CD or watch every video to be hip hop. You don't have to ice-grill cats on the block or kick lock-down slang to be hip hop. In fact it's debatable in the new millennium that if you don't do those things you may be more hip hop than what's advertised."

So on that note, I don't have to buy every hip-hop cd to be hip-hop 'cause hip-hop's in my soul!

Look at what Chuck D said in one of his recent terrordomes:

"I would let folks know that hip hop is in their personal state of mind and within their souls. You don't have to buy all the advertised gear to be hip hop. You don't have to purchase every CD or watch every video to be hip hop. You don't have to ice-grill cats on the block or kick lock-down slang to be hip hop. In fact it's debatable in the new millennium that if you don't do those things you may be more hip hop than what's advertised."

So on that note, I don't have to buy every hip-hop cd to be hip-hop 'cause hip-hop's in my soul!

Preach...

u guys are completely missing the point and taking this topic out of context. First of all, u can't read if u think I said u must be a 50cent fan. I don't like him that much either, but guess what, he doesn't bug me to the point where I have to hate him. Also, the whole thing about being a hypocrite doesn't have to be taken so deeply where virtues and beliefs are brought up. You can be a hypocrite in many light subject matters. Now read carefully, I said that Lerkot kid is contradicting himself b/c he hasn't listened to 50cent's music thoroughly, yet he WILL COMPLAIN if a critic doesn't listen to Will's music entirely. That's what i saw going on when the critic reviews of Lost and Found came out. Then he says some bs about "critics only need about 10 songs to understand Will's music" to make an excuse for not listening to 50cent's albums. Now, nobody has to listen to 50cent. That's not my point. My main itch with this board is your neverending and bold hate for 50Cent. If Will chooses to hang with 50, NONE of ya'll want to believe it. You almost want Will to be you, to believe what you believe, to agree with you, and to pick and choose the decisions you see best fit. I say he's a grown ass man who can hang out with 50 if he chooses. So what? Now u throw hissy fits saying you don't get why. You don't know 50. You haven't met him as a person. YOu only know 50cent the rapper. And it is so beyond me the hate you have for the guy. It's almost like if he were killed tomorrow ya'll would be celebrating.

here's my POV

1) i find this story 2 be very wierd since Will has already dissed 50 sayin he had 2 put down his CD player after listenin 2 the first track of 50's new album "The Massacre", yet he gives 50 props on the album, so i dunno what the full story is here, but i find it hard to believe that Will said 50 is real since it doesnt go with Will's beliefs in hip-hop

2) MIMI: i would like 2 know how "He doesn't smoke or drink at all so his mind is clearer than u think". i, unlike others, have listened 2 a full 50 cent album and it was Get Rich or Die Tryin' and i'd like 2 know how u can make the comment that 50 doesnt smoke after a song like "High All The Time". i'd like 2 know where u came 2 that conclusion, because the message i get in some of his songs don't lead me 2 that same conclusion.

1) the story about Will not liking the Massacre could have been fake. notice that Will's quotes never specifically mentioned the massacre by nae. Remember, like what is preached here:don't believe everything you read. If you don't believe this story, then u can't believe the whole "hating the massacre" thing either.

2)Well first of all, as u know drugs **** up ppl's heads. They make stupid decisions. Now I'm not sayin this makes 50 smarter. It's just I'm very sure most of you think he smokes weed and drinks all the time, but it's not the case. He's said in many interviews that he does not smoke, or drink. If he drinks even a sip, it makes him woozy. He's said that he doesn't do drugs b/c he doesn't want to alter his state of mind. The songs where he makes refernces to drugs include metaphors/other people's experiences. Read up or I could post a link to a backstage breakfast thing here in LA where he said he does not smoke or drink.

^^^no 10 tracks is not enough to judge Will.  If all the tracks were like Miami and Gettin Jiggy With It, then most people would view Will the same way critics do.  10 songs out of a possible 60-100 songs doesn't cut it.  If it's not good for the critics u guys blast for hatin on Will, it's not enough for you either.  You are 50's critic.  It's the same thing, and u sir, are being a hypocrite.

plus, Will has had about 10 singles.  Those are the songs ppl judge by most.  If u want to keep it that way, then u could say 10 songs to judge Will as a rapper is enough.  I say it's not good enough if you want to change what people view Will as a rapper.

Will has only 10 singles in 20 years? It has to be at least 20 countin' the JJFP days, and they do display Will's personality pretty well, Will ain't as serious as other rappers, people knock him for that, but that's who he is, he ain't ever gonna be as serious as KRS-ONE, "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" was a fun song, he's an upbeat person in real life, "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble" and "Parents Just Don't Understand" shows that Will has a sense of humor which is true in real life, he likes to crack jokes but with 50 Cent, he does a song called "In Da Club" when he doesn't drink or smoke in real life or hang out in clubs, lives alone and doesn't even raise his son, which proves that his music is fake to who he really is since he only does music to sell records, hip-hop is too much like pop now, everyone follows the same format, Will made a song called "Just The Two Of Us" which expressed love for his son Trey, Will is a bigger man and mc than 50 Cent is and I don't understand why you have to defend him, but I wouldn't mind if Will hangs out with 50 if he could 50 get in the right direction, Will recognizes that 50's on top and might wanna give 50 some advice so he doesn't embarass the image of hip-hop, I agree with you, we gotta stop having so many posts about 50 Cent here, if you don't like him, don't listen to the radio, and don't talk about him. :blabla:

Edited by bigted

All i'm gonna say is this, which i've said 100 times. FP is a team player. He's cool with everyone. He's cool with 50 Cent and Nelly, but their music is the same kinda music he disses in songs like "Lost + Found." Forget what your tastes are...that's fact right there. When u are friends with someone, u say good things about them even if something like their talent is lacking. When me and some friends had a Hip-Hop group, one of my friends just didn't have 2 much skill on the mic. His rhymes were good, but his flow waz weak...but of course i didnt' say anything bad about him. Being cool with the people in the industry is different from real friends with someone. Let's put it this way. FP wrote the song "Potnas" for people like Jeff...not for 50 Cent.

Will has only 10 singles in 20 years? It has to be at least 20 countin' the JJFP days, and they do display Will's personality pretty well, Will ain't as serious as other rappers, people knock him for that, but that's who he is, he ain't ever gonna be as serious as KRS-ONE, "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" was a fun song, he's an upbeat person in real life, "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble" and "Parents Just Don't Understand" shows that Will has a sense of humor which is true in real life, he likes to crack jokes but with 50 Cent, he does a song called "In Da Club" when he doesn't drink or smoke in real life or hang out in clubs, lives alone and doesn't even raise his son, which proves that his music is fake to who he really is since he only does music to sell records, hip-hop is too much like pop now, everyone follows the same format, Will made a song called "Just The Two Of Us" which expressed love for his son Trey, Will is a bigger man and mc than 50 Cent is and I don't understand why you have to defend him, but I wouldn't mind if Will hangs out with 50 if he could 50 get in the right direction, Will recognizes that 50's on top and might wanna give 50 some advice so he doesn't embarass the image of hip-hop, I agree with you, we gotta stop having so many posts about 50 Cent here, if you don't like him, don't listen to the radio, and don't talk about him. :blabla:

my quote about "will has had about 10 singles" is taken out of context. I'm saying he's had at least 10 and more that people who don't buy his albums judge from. That's the problem. His best songs don't come out as singles.

BTW u don't need to go on comparing who's more man 50 or Will. To each his own, their doin their own thing, their own way. My thing is, they hang out sometimes (which is exaggerated here), they talk, they're cool with each other, and they're not knockin each other's styles. Aren't u guys a bit happy that 50 is okay with Will unlike those other rappers/haters who give Will no love?

• Admin

I'd just like to say I didnt read this post but its obviously 6 pages long so yall must be goin back n forth again..if you dont like 50 cent why even put the energy to talk about him so much..that is why i avoid all topics about 50 and eminem around here ... now im gonna go listen to sum souls of mischief :night: