JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost & Found # 1 Album of 2005

Well the dude saying Mike Jones's sorry excuse for an album is top 5 made me shut down the window.

THe funny thing is that the new common album ain't finished. i got the advance copy to, it's 11 songs. Common said that there will be more songs on the final copy.

BUT. that doesn't stop me from saying it's better then lost and found.

Lost and found is really good but it has it's downfalls like could you love me, switch and if u can't dance. Common's album is straigh fire. Alot of songs doesn't reac up to tell me why or lost and found level, but there is a couple of songs that do, and the rest of the songs are just below them. That makes is more balanced and solid.

Dont take this as an diss, cause being just behing commons second best album of all time shows how good lost and found is.

I would say:

Common - BE = 4,9 mics. (need to here the final songs to make an decision if it reallys is 5 mics)

Will smith - lost and found = 4,2 mics (with three-four songs less this would be an classic.)

Edited by Frenetic

• Members

You know the rap game is in trouble when the best album of the year so far is from Will Smith.

That's not nice! :telloff:

It's interesting to read what other forums are saying about the album though. I keep noticing a lot of people are very *surprised* by the album. I really think it's going to sell a lot through word of mouth.

Wow I see they say Common's album has worse production than Will's album, this proves that Kanye West is overrated, Will is a more versatile mc when it comes to subject matter than even Common, but that's not a diss to Common, I'm looking forward to his album too, I also think there needs to be a JJFP album and Will needs to quit movies 'cause I'm tired of hearing people say he's an actor not a rapper.

Well it could be debatable that "Lost and Found" is the best album of the decade in hip-hop! I could count on my hand how many albums I bought from this decade from mainstream hip-hop that I actually like, this is arguably the worst decade in hip-hop when you have Nelly, Ja Rule, D12, G Unit, Roc-a-fella, and DTP rappers topping the charts, the rap game has been terrible for years, so on that note the only album that could top "Lost and Found" will probably be Public Enemy's "Rebirth Of A Nation", I wouldn't mind if it did 'cause they deserve to win a Grammy since they've been in the game as long as JJFP, it'd be nice to see Fuggees make a comeback too, Guru has an album comin' this summer, Ice Cube has an album comin' this summer, and possibly a Rakim album comin', maybe even another KRS-ONE album, and hopefully Dr. Dre abandons G Unit and makes another classic, "Lost and Found" could've opened the doors for ol' school rappers to get recognition.

Edited by bigted

• Members

Kanye West is certainly, without a doubt, overrated. I too feel Lost and Found has to be one of the best lyrical content in, if not a decade, atleast the past 5 years. But I really feel Dre's Detox is going to be hot too.

• Members

Kanye West is certainly, without a doubt, overrated. I too feel Lost and Found has to be one of the best lyrical content in, if not a decade, atleast the past 5 years. But I really feel Dre's Detox is going to be hot too.

Kanye is not overrated! He's getting better.

Y'all can't be seriuous, if it is something that is putting L&F down it is the beats. They aint so good. if u can't dance beat is jacked from timbo, loretta sounds like something kanye would do, kicks and snares on lost and found are to weak.

but as i said, L&F got something that Be doesn't, thats energy and rawness. Be is more of a chillout album, L&F is a more of a get hyped album.

Any real music critic witch any sense of objectivity would say common's album is better. not much at all, but a little.

Nice to see Will get some respect. I have always liked Nas, and his fans seem to be okay, too.