JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

search engine help?

• Admin
this website comes up under fresh prince..and it comes up under jazzy jeff...but it doesnt come up under will smith.. does any1 know what i can do to get the site to come up under will smith in the search engines? :cussing: :poke:

[font="Arial"][color=blue]k...

well, with your host provider, try to find out if there are any tutorials and marketing tools that you can use,...which will also guide you thru. With my website/host provider, I have marketing tools and search engine tools that will help me get more traffic, and adding my site to some search engines that I've never even heard of...but I'm just too lazy, um...dont have the time rather, to
even do the legwork...

If the description, "will christopher smith" or "will smith" is listed in the meta tags...sometimes, I know that you have to update your meta tags descriptives at least every 30 days...so that the search engines will detect and pick them up...its just too much trouble 4 me... quite the headache...

so just trying updating, and it may solve your prob...

peace,

3cookies[/color][/font]

Guest Prince
Remember that meta tags are just a help for search engines to find your sites in the database. One of the main things that the search revolves around is the content. So you could try mentioning Will's name more, I guess. Search engines update every month remember, so it could take a while for changes to be recognised.

Well, a majority of your site uses Fresh Prince, aside from will smith. Search Engines use keywords on pages to narrow your search, so it probably comes up, but further down the list..

On a side not, Simply Typing Will Smith in a search angine = not a good idea. The Word "Will" isn't always viewed as a name, and then Smith takes over, and tehre are so many famous smiths. Put it in Quotes. But even that might not work, because there is a player going into the NFL. His name is, Will Smith...

So, Yea.

Guest Prince
Tim, search engine bot's love hyper links. They use them as a portal to other sites, so having more sites linking could help yes, but not absolutely necessary.