JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The JJFP Video Game: Who Stole the DJ

Dude this game will be tight once its done. I have this idea I can contribute.

I definitely think Charlie Mack and Ready Rock C should be in the game. Ready Rock had crazy beat box skills dudeI really would like to know what the dude is up to today haha. It would be fun to see both Ready Rock and C Mack team up with Fresh Prince somewhere in the game individually or together.

I will let you know if i have anyother ideas.

:word: I like that idea ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a while, but I'm now ready to start working on the game again, and I'm looking for people to help out. It's written in Z-Code for any of you technical minded people. However, what we really need most is writers and designers, no programming experienced required. For writing, we need descriptions of objects, locations and dialog. For example, the opening scene is described as:

"You're lounging on on your Italian leather

couch in your living room with Common's latest

jam bumping on your Sony. Across the room,

on the south wall, is your marble fireplace

with your two grammies sitting on top and the

bearskin rug stretched out in front. To the

left, just out the front door, you see Charlie

Mack kicking it, rappen with O Money. Behind

them you spot your Mercedies 500, Ferari 308,

and, of course, your stretch Hummer limo,

complete with the 23's, hydrolics, hot tub,

DJ equipment, and fuzzy dice on the rearview

mirror (you know how to ride in style). To

your right, a fly ass honey walks back in from

the kitchen, Pamela. No, Didi, no, Angela, no,

damn..."

And if the player chooses to examine his limo, this text comes up:

"Man, this limo is DOPE! Stretch Hummer, word!

Complete with the 23's, hydrolics, hot tub,

DJ equipment, and fuzzy dice on the rearview

mirror."

We need text descriptions like that, and a lot of them.

From the designer standpoint, high-level game-flow needs to be designed. For example, the opening scene would be sketched out as:

Will is sitting in his crib, chillen with Gina, decides he needs to go pick up Jeff.

- Will can talk to Gina

- Will can leave the crib to the front yard

- If he doesn't have his code-red gold album, it tells him that Gina may try and pawn it if you leave it there, not allowing him to leave.

- Will can examine his house

And then throw in some game-play elements in it as needed.

From the programming standpoint, a little help is needed in just getting the text into the proper format, which is something roughly like this:

object wills_house_front_yard "Will's front yard"

with

description

"Nothen better then seeing your fleet",

initial

"^Stepping out into the sun and sporting your

shades, you look around. Damn you love Philly.

To your left, you see a few more of your cars;

the Porche, Bently, and the Escilade, with it's

spinners, big screen TV, and portable recording

studio in the back (you don't play). Charlie Mack

looks up,^

^What up Prince, is Tina staying here?^

^(Tina! That's the name to match the fine rear)^

Yea man, are ya'll ready to get to the set?^

^Naw dog, Jeff aint' here yet^

^Man, we don't have time for this.^

He must be finishing up his new disc.^

He's probably at his crib, mixen^

that joint with the sample of Nixon^

We'll pick him up and holla at Summer,^

I'm ready to jet, we'll take the Hummer^",

w_to wills_house,

has light;

The way it should work is that the designer lays out the rough scheme and the writers will then use that to write all the descriptions, dialog, etc... Finally, the writers will give that to the programmers, who'll turn it into the game. (if ya want to write, program, and designed, that's cool too) Keep in mind, this is all based on text, no graphics, so there needs to be text written for everything. In these games, the way to make a rich environment is write up descriptions that are interesting and to write them up for a lot of different items. I'm working on the opening scene and scene 1. I have some sample stuff and docs together already that I can send/post for anyone who wants to be a part of this. Who wants to/can help? Post here, as well as what you want to do (write, design, program), and what particular scene you'd like to work on (opening, 1, 9, and 10 are already taken). If we can get a few more people working on this, it'd be great.

Cool. So it's an RPG with no graphics? What are the different scenes? How would a player choose to examine something, for example the limo? I used to know quite a lot about game-design but most of it's not at the front of my memory right now...

Yea, it's kinda like an RPG with no graphics, it's a lot of puzzles. The different scenes are the ones sketched above in the outline, basically breaking the game up into sections. The game's all prompt based so the user would type in "examine limo" and that would give back the limo's description (and clues as to what to do with the limo. However, since this is a hip-hop game, I'm changing things around a bit so you can also say things like "check the limo" and what not.

Cool. So it's an RPG with no graphics? What are the different scenes? How would a player choose to examine something, for example the limo? I used to know quite a lot about game-design but most of it's not at the front of my memory right now...

Yea, it's kinda like an RPG with no graphics, it's a lot of puzzles. The different scenes are the ones sketched above in the outline, basically breaking the game up into sections. The game's all prompt based so the user would type in "examine limo" and that would give back the limo's description (and clues as to what to do with the limo. However, since this is a hip-hop game, I'm changing things around a bit so you can also say things like "check the limo" and what not.

Ah, I get it now... I'll have to check the scenes list...

• 2 weeks later...