JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost & Found remix

Jin

Which artist should do a remix to the L&F track?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which artist should do a remix to the L&F track?

• Rakim
    • Jay-Z
    • Mos Def
    • LL Cool J

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LL Cool J is classic in every way. His sound, his style, his lyrics, his personality, his growth. I wouldn't say he can end anybody's career...but lets be real. None of the artists that went at him with lyrics are on his level at this point. And i like most of the artists he feuded with on the mic. MC Hammer, Ice-T, Kool Moe Dee, Canibus. I like ALL of them (except for Canibus) and none of their careers are doing much compared 2 LL's. I can't put my fingure on what he's got...but look at the facts. He's highly respected, he's 11 albums deep, he's been around for 20 years, he's got the music awards, the movies, the clothingline, etc.

U don't gotta love LL, but none of his success would be possible without the skillz that back them all up.

I think LL Cool J is classic in every way. His sound, his style, his lyrics, his personality, his growth. I wouldn't say he can end anybody's career...but lets be real. None of the artists that went at him with lyrics are on his level at this point. And i like most of the artists he feuded with on the mic. MC Hammer, Ice-T, Kool Moe Dee, Canibus. I like ALL of them (except for Canibus) and none of their careers are doing much compared 2 LL's. I can't put my fingure on what he's got...but look at the facts. He's highly respected, he's 11 albums deep, he's been around for 20 years, he's got the music awards, the movies, the clothingline, etc.

U don't gotta love LL, but none of his success would be possible without the skillz that back them all up.

See, this is what I like to see - when cats lay down their point with statements to back it up rather than "So and so is a legend, that's why he can do such and such". That's like givin them immunity because they've been here so long. I have the level of respect I need to have for anyone of the old school, but it's not goin to take away what I've gotten from the new school either - because when it comes to music, everyone gets a chance to be listened to.

• Members

i'd love rakim on a remix to l&f but on one condition: the remix be produced by a reputable dj, premier maybe or jeff. i'm not feeling the beat for l&f.

i think the concept and message of the song would have been great with a good hip hop beat with a dj. and is it me or are the beats in this album very weak? great message and lyricism unlike will's previous albums, but very half baked beats. will don't need to go for the commercial producers around but they are very good hip hop producers around like salaam remi, l.e.s, premier etc. if jeff did the whoe album, it would have been great! will's wealthy enough to command great beats.

for me 4 songs stand out in good beats:

- switch and the remix

- tell me why

- could u luv me

i'd love rakim on a remix to l&f but on one condition: the remix be produced by a reputable dj, premier maybe or jeff. i'm not feeling the beat for l&f.

i think the concept and message of the song would have been great with a good hip hop beat with a dj. and is it me or are the beats in this album very weak? great message and lyricism unlike will's previous albums, but very half baked beats. will don't need to go for the commercial producers around but they are very good hip hop producers around like salaam remi, l.e.s, premier etc. if jeff did the whoe album, it would have been great! will's wealthy enough to command great beats.

for me 4 songs stand out in good beats:

- switch and the remix

- tell me why

- could u luv me

I actually agree with you on this, I think it's because Born To Reign spoiled me when it came to the beats on Will's albums. That album was possibly his best album musically.

Guest Guest_Icarus

I think the overly negative view you all have on Jay-z is totally unjust. Yes he talks about money a lot, who cares? Money is one of the most important things in this world :P whether you like it or not. (And I don't think there is a reason not to like it, except for being jealous that you don’t have a lot of it yourself.) The same thing goes for lust, of course he's going to talk about girls HES A GUY! sex is one of the primal urges. And its good it is, because if it weren’t everything would be extinct by now.

That doesn't mean tough that Jay-Z should do the remix, because even tough I don't think he is what is wrong with the rap game right now (Jay-z does do original things.) he wouldn't totally fit the character of the song.

LL COOL J, might have been good way back when people dint know how to rap that well yet, but now he's just dull. He has no funk, flow, swing or anything like that. (Just like Rakims old stuff EVEN TOUGH it was ground breaking at the time.)

You need to get over the fact that just because things were good for then, they aren’t necessarily good NOW

(And no, saying " BUT HES A LEGEND AND HE HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR 20 YEARS” does not qualify as an argument here)

Finally, Mos Def is a genius, and everyone should work with him on every song, remix or cabaret performance they ever do.

PS. Nas did kill Jay-Z lyricly, but thats just because Nas actually writes, Jay-Z just talks in a rap form. Nas isn't "real" at al, but he is one hell of a poet.

P.s.s Saying someone is not "real" is for losers.

p.s.s.s I just re wrote the post and oh my god, i am so right I turn myself on.

LL still has a lot left in him and I ain't a Jay-Z hater, he just ain't one of my favorites like LL that's all, we all have different tastes, I don't have beef with Jay-Z but in my opinion I think LL's a better mc than Jay-Z and that's my opinion and nobody's gonna change that, we gotta respect each other's opinions, I personally don't mind who Will decides to collaborate with in the future.

Why do Jay and LL have more votes than Mos Def... This doesn't make any sense. We are talking about the Lost and Found track, right... come on guys.

It's a popularity contest, probably not a lot of us heard much of Mos Def, they don't know what they're missing, he's a dope mc! :poke: