JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

RARE CD'S

I was looking around and i found these fresh prince jazzy jeff items, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they were rare or not and how rare they are?

I'm looking for the one to be with me (promo)

Boom shake! the room (UK CD1 7 track single inc. street mix)

Summertime (4 track cd single)

Boom shake! the room (1993 UK 2 track cassete single)

Rock the house (12" original 1987 LP)

I'm looking for the one to be with me (single)

Thanks!!!!!!!!! :call: :dance:

alright, here's my view of them! most of them i would consider rare especially if u dont have them

I'm looking for the one to be with me (promo) - very rare! promos are extremely rare!

Boom shake! the room (UK CD1 7 track single inc. street mix) - kinda rare, it has 7 tracks on it so u might wanna consider gettin that

Summertime (4 track cd single) - the least rare of the bunch. Summertime is probably the most popular single

Boom shake! the room (1993 UK 2 track cassete single) - somewhat rare, but don't get it if it's on cassette unless u cant wait 4 it to come up again

Rock the house (12" original 1987 LP) - very rare!!! get this. this is the 1987 original LP, not the 1988 release on Jive Records that we so commonly see. it has a diff. version of Girls Aint Nothing But Trouble. if u already have Rock The House tho and aren't interested in a collectors item, dont go after it

I'm looking for the one to be with me (single) - not so rare, but it has the rare b-side called 'Get Hyped' which is a very very good unreleased track so i'd recommend getting it

hope this helps!

Edited by reborn2reign

Assuming these are like some of the things in my collection, here's what i can add...

I'm looking for the one to be with me (promo) This probably is the version which has the same tracklisting as the US CD single, but instead of having "Get Hype" (the b-side), it has the instrumental in it's place.

Boom shake! the room (UK CD1 7 track single inc. street mix)

This is probably the US version that has the album version, the Street Remix, and the slightly re-worked Mr. Lee Remix, alone with the Street Remix Bonus Beats (aka instrumental). It also has "From Da South" (b-side) or the instrumental of "Boom!..."

Summertime (4 track cd single)

If this is from '91, it has the DJ Jazzy Jeff Remix on it along with a very shortened version of "Girls..."

Boom shake! the room (1993 UK 2 track cassete single)

This should have the b-side "From Da South" on it.

Rock the house (12" original 1987 LP)

Yeah, as long as this is from 1987, it's the original version with a different cover. It has a remixed version of "Girls..." a slightly altered version of "Rock The House" and different version of "Don't Even Try It."

I'm looking for the one to be with me (single)

If this is the US version, it has the b-side "Get Hyped" on it. It also has slightly altered versions of the track (the best being and extended version).

I LOVE gettin' singles. That's where u find most of the b-sides and remixes.

Really? Cuz the only ones I've seen only have a few songs from different albums and no remixes or anything...of course I haven't seen very many. Like I said, I can't find them anywhere, but I'll take a look on eBay and see what I can find!! :peace:

this is a list that AJ posted a while ago that I use to find the b/sides that I'm looking for:

dont fight the feeling - rare Japan release of JJ+FP Greatest Hits 1998/1993ish

holla back - Freakin' It import CD single 2000

get hyped - I'm Looking For The One (To Be With Me) single 1993

from da south - Boom! Shake The Room single 1993

higher baby - Barcelona Gold compilation album 1992

dance or die - Made In America soundtrack 1993

family christmas - Black Christmas + Avex The Album (rare Japan import) song from 1989, but those albums containing it came out in 1998ish

lovely daze - various version of JJ+FP Greatest Hits 1998/1993ish

nothin on my mind - Born To Reign special edition, import 2002

new kids on the block - Word 2 jive compilation album 1988 (song from 1987)

eBay is the best place to look :thumb: