JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Was Will wrong to work with Elephant Man?

• Members

sq-e-man-red-biker-press-vp.jpg

Considering the positive message Will brings, I'm surprised he worked with this guy who advocates the murdering of gay people in his music. Here are some of his charming lyrics:

Elephant Man - A Nuh Fi Wi Fault

Battyman fi dead!

Please mark we word

Gimme tha tec-nine

Shoot dem like bird

Shoot them [queers] like birds

Queers must be killed!

Please mark my words

Give me the Tec-9 (semi-automatic assault pistol)

Shoot them like birds

Elephant Man - We Nuh Like Gay

Battyman fi dead! Tek dem by surprise

Get a shot inna yu head, inna mi big gun collide.

Gimme me Tec-9 General B, wid de chrome wah a shine

Shot out ah bugger-man

Queers must be killed! Take them by surprise

I am going to shoot you in the head, you are going to meet up with my big gun

Give me the Tec-9 General B, the one with the chrome that shines

shoot all queer men

Elephant Man - Log On

(Log on is a type of dance using the right foot in a stepping motion as if to squash a cockroach - the lyrics boast about stamping on gay men and setting them on fire)

Log on and step pon chi chi man

Dance wi a dance and a bun out a freaky man.

Step pon him like a old cloth

A dance wi a dance and a crush out a bingi man

Do di walk, mek mi see the light and di torch dem fast

Log on and step on a queer man

Join our dance and let’s burn out the queer man

Step on him like an old cloth

Join our dance and let’s crush queer men

Do the walk, quickly let me see the lighter and torch (makeshift aerosol flame thrower weapon)

:nono:

I like to think Will didn't know about some of his content. I don't know his personal views on gay people, but I'm sure he'd find these lyrics kind of disgusting.

What do you think? Please don't take this as an attack on Will. I was just surprised he worked with him, but like I said, he may not know much about him and his record label could've just linked him up with him cause he's considered 'cool' in some circles.

The issue is well known here in the UK after he had his MOBO nomination removed for this reason.

Edited by Shellshock

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is a little odd, but I really don't know if will even did the track with elephant man because there are no extra lyrics on the album, like on the RnB remix. probally the producer put it on without will's knowledge or something

no Will definitely knew it. a track can't make the album without the artist knowin about it, and word was that Will & Elephant Man even made a video 4 this Reggae Remix so in that case, Will met him and worked with him at least on the video and probably on the track 2.

i never knew Elephant Man's lyrics were like this. just from the singles he releases on TV and radio (which i have a hard enough time understanding) the lyrics didnt seem 2 bad.

I was wondering the same thing, Elephant Man, Beenie Man, and many other Reggae artists are in "hot water" about lyrical content concerning homosexuals, and some horrible things are happening to homosexual people in Jamaica...they talked about it a few mths. ago on TVOne Access which is sort of an extended version of Access Hollywood that spotlights minority entertainers...i think there was trouble @ their labels as well

U know, in that pic up above of Elephant man, that kinda looks like Da Brakes.

I didn't know that Da Brakes walkes around with a ski mask on :kekeke:

I didn't notice the resemblance with Brakes... to be honest I think he looks like a clown in that pic (unless he is actually/has been going skiing/motorbiking/whatever)!

U really can't see the resemblance. Just look at Brakes "Brake Yourself" EP. I mean Elephant man is darker wit wild hair, but it is pretty close.

• Members

I dont think elephant man looks like Da Brakes and I dont think Will was wrong top work with him the remix was great!

I believe that the remix with Elephant Man was just business nothing personal. I think Will probably doesn't agree with Elephant Man beliefs, Will just likes the style of his music and likes the way he presents it. O and I don't think Da Breaks looks like Ele. :angel: