JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Computer Speed Up

mfuqua23

Get your keyboard checked, it could be broken, so you might have to get a new one, if you're having a problem typing then that means it's your keyboard.

Guest Prince
lol nah man... Just because it's appearing slow, I'll be damned if it's automatically a keyboard problem. If it's slow coming up on screen then its usually because your computers busy; you might be running too many programs. Don't have so many things open at once, and if it's still slow then restart your computer and try again. Works for me.

[font="Arial"][color=blue]and sometimes it can be slow because you've visited a site or some sites that have spyware, which also redirects your homepage, or make you have those tens of annoying pop up windows. You have got to keep your IE updated, and your virus shield too, then make sure to do regular virus scans to keep it running sufficiently. It takes time, but its well worth your efforts.

Make sure you also delete the cookies from your temporary internet files... I recently took the outside cover off my comp, and cleaned the dust from the fan, and the inside very carefully with a teeny brush, then suctioned the excess dust off...that seemed to help alot.

There's actually a list of things you can do to get it running faster, however this is a great first step...with just a couple of suggestions...

peace,

3cookies[/color][/font]

Guest Prince
Talking of spyware and popups... If you don't want popups, don't settle with IE. I can't understand why Microsoft didn't include a pop-up blocker in internet explorer. Netscape etc includes a build in blocker, but otherwise you could settle for an internet toolbar which includes that option.

If your internet and computer is acting really slowly, then as 3cookies said it could be spyware. I sweep my computer every night before shutting down, and although it's more effort - it's worth the hassle.

I don't think that dust inside a computer would cause it to slow down though... I guess I wouldn't know since my box is inside a wooden case so avoids that kinda stuff. Edited by Prince