I Wish I Made That

Hero1

which is the better version of I Wish I Made That  

29 members have voted

1. 1. which is the better version of I Wish I Made That

• Original Version
    • DJ Jazzy Jeff Remix

• Admin

wow nobody like's JJ's remix? u guys b**ch about not enough JJ and then he comes in with this incredible track changin the beats durin the chorus. the remix is WAAAY better in my opinion. maybe it's also cuz i'm startin 2 get tired of the original mix. i think the JJ remix could have an extra verse in it also, cuz remember the original version of I Wish I Made That is only like 2 minutes long.

The remix's beat is too simple. No scratching... it's just a beat. Also, part of it is that Will glides the original's beat much better. The tempo also suits his words much better. It's that... "I'm cool with it, but I'm still goingt to talk about you" beat.

Are you guys saying that if it came down to a choice between the two for a spot on the album, you'd rather have the remix version over the original... blasphemy!!! :kekeke:

theres plenty of scratching MaxFly you just havent heard it..

it starts off with jeff scratching a lot.. with the sample "clap ya hands to what hes doin" then during the chorus he puts in samples off get back..lean back..drop it like its hot and summertime.. u prob cant hear it properly cause westwood n jjfp is talkin over it

wow nobody like's JJ's remix? u guys b**ch about not enough JJ and then he comes in with this incredible track changin the beats durin the chorus. the remix is WAAAY better in my opinion. maybe it's also cuz i'm startin 2 get tired of the original mix. i think the JJ remix could have an extra verse in it also, cuz remember the original version of I Wish I Made That is only like 2 minutes long.

The remix's beat is too simple. No scratching... it's just a beat. Also, part of it is that Will glides the original's beat much better. The tempo also suits his words much better. It's that... "I'm cool with it, but I'm still goingt to talk about you" beat.

Are you guys saying that if it came down to a choice between the two for a spot on the album, you'd rather have the remix version over the original... blasphemy!!! :kekeke:

it starts off with jeff scratching a lot.. with the sample "clap ya hands to what hes doin" then during the chorus he puts in samples off get back..lean back..drop it like its hot and summertime.. u prob cant hear it properly cause westwood n jjfp is talkin over it

the wierd thing is that he doesn't actually put the sample to Get Back durin the chorus. he uses Dirt Off You Shoulders by Jay-Z. i wonder if the Get Back beat didn't work good with that song or somethin

I can't vote yet. Short crappy radio quality downloads aren't anything like CD quality. That's why they need 2 release it. I love the fact that Jazzy remixed it tho.' The sound reminds me of his sound during the mid-90's....just after Code Red.

No, I heard the scratching in the beginning, which is great. You're right Tim, there is quite a bit there. What I mean is that the beat that Will rhymes over in the first verse is pretty simple (there are plenty of places where a little hesitation scratching could have improved on what is already there). Don't get me wrong, it's great for a remix, no doubt, and the switch to dirt off your shoulders (love that Timberland beat, killed it when the black album came out), lean back, and then summertime is cool. But neither the initial beat, nor any of the subsequent beats really fit with the lyrics and the flow as well as the original. That's not to knock the remix, but the original is so much better in this respect.

It's like I said earlier, though some people will genuinely like the remix more, I think that there are people who just like the fact that JJ is on it.

I must ask this again, if you guys had a choice between having only the remix or the original on the album, would you really choose the remix?

It's not that serious, but the original is my second favorite track on the album, so I just had to ask.

Edited by MaxFly

No, I heard the scratching in the beginning, which is great. You're right Tim, there is quite a bit there. What I mean is that the beat that Will rhymes over in the first verse is pretty simple (there are plenty of places where a little hesitation scratching could have improved on what is already there). Don't get me wrong, it's great for a remix, no doubt, and the switch to dirt off your shoulders (love that Timberland beat, killed it when the black album came out), lean back, and then summertime is cool. But neither the initial beat, nor any of the subsequent beats really fit with the lyrics and the flow as well as the original. That's not to knock the remix, but the original is so much better in this respect.

It's like I said earlier, though some people will genuinely like the remix more, I think that there are people who just like the fact that JJ is on it.

I must ask this again, if you guys had a choice between having only the remix or the original on the album, would you really choose the remix?

It's not that serious, but the original is my second favorite track on the album, so I just had to ask.

i'm actually not sure if i would choose the JJ remix, but the reason i like it is cuz the original is gettin old now and this is fresh and new and that's just what i'm feelin. right now i like the JJ remix better. if i had 2 choose right now, i'd choose the JJ remix, but overall, after a couple months, i'm not sure what i'd choose. i'd have 2 hear the whole remix first (like there's any chance it'll actually be released)